Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Cheers chaps. I just never seem to have much luck in this part of my life. I think the problem runs deeper than that though. I'm not going to harp on about it anymore though. It wouldn't help any and I'd just sound like a broken record. Just need to figure out what I need to do to make myself a happier person I think. Feel like bloody Morrissey at the moment.

• Like 1

On that note. I wonder if you brought your kid to the pub and they wanted a Becks non-alcoholic, it'd surely be perfectly legal to give them one? It'd be weird and they'd probably hate it, but in theory it could be done? (unless a publican can tell me otherwise)

You would be subject to the same restrictions as if you bought them a pint. Non-alcoholic beer is classed as beer for the purposes of the law (they can have up to 0.05% ABV and still call themselves 'non-alcoholic'). 

Yes it's over 18's only for non alcoholic beer.

Apparently Erdingers non alcoholic beer is quite nice. Personally though I don't find the appeal and not tried any. Quite happy with a soft drink if need be. I can't say that happens too much though, especially as I've not had a car for a couple of years.

I've never really worried about alcohol free beer. I can take it or leave it when it comes to alcohol, I bought a single bottle of that Czech Pilsner Urquhart or whatever it's called about a week ago and it's still in the fridge.

Perfectly happy to go nominated driver too when we go out on a trip. The only rule being, when I do rarely decide I'm going to be drinking there is no quarrel or debate. If I've said I'm drinking then I am out of the discussion for who's driving. I drive more than enough to be able to play that ace on what I consider to be the 'big games'.

Cheers chaps. I just never seem to have much luck in this part of my life. I think the problem runs deeper than that though. I'm not going to harp on about it anymore though. It wouldn't help any and I'd just sound like a broken record. Just need to figure out what I need to do to make myself a happier person I think. Feel like bloody Morrissey at the moment.

The reason How Soon is Now?, is such a great record, is that most people have felt that way and more than once.

On that note. I wonder if you brought your kid to the pub and they wanted a Becks non-alcoholic, it'd surely be perfectly legal to give them one? It'd be weird and they'd probably hate it, but in theory it could be done? (unless a publican can tell me otherwise)

You would be subject to the same restrictions as if you bought them a pint. Non-alcoholic beer is classed as beer for the purposes of the law (they can have up to 0.05% ABV and still call themselves 'non-alcoholic'). 

Yes it's over 18's only for non alcoholic beer.

Apparently Erdingers non alcoholic beer is quite nice. Personally though I don't find the appeal and not tried any. Quite happy with a soft drink if need be. I can't say that happens too much though, especially as I've not had a car for a couple of years.

Erdinger is awful non alcoholic beer. Way way too sweet.

No not at all. I like normal Erdinger for example. It's nowhere near as sweet as it's NA relative. In fact I can't think of any beer that's as sweet as Erdinger NA.

You couldn't go out and drink coke all night though. Well I couldn't anyway. If I can't drink then I find it's best to have one or two alcoholic drinks (depending on timescale) and then keep the brain tricked with NA from there on. Some pubs over here do a mid strength Guinness too which can be a godsend in the right circumstances :)

You couldn't go out and drink coke all night though. Well I couldn't anyway. If I can't drink then I find it's best to have one or two alcoholic drinks (depending on timescale) and then keep the brain tricked with NA from there on. Some pubs over here do a mid strength Guinness too which can be a godsend in the right circumstances :)

You can buy that in the UK too, but I've not seen it on draught yet,

Has anyone ever responded to a PlasticMan post and not got a like for it?

This raises some interesting questions.

Is the reluctance to actually hand out 'likes', which cost nothing, a reflection of the British reluctance to hand out praise in general, and is the profligate use of 'likes', which causes such outrage by grudging and churlish Brits, due to the influence of the American tendency to be more positive and encouraging, PlasticMan has experienced?

It always seems that Brits hate to give praise and are suspicious when they receive it.:)

• Like 3

Is the reluctance to actually hand out 'likes', which cost nothing, a reflection of the British reluctance to hand out praise in general, and is the profligate use of 'likes', which causes such outrage by grudging and churlish Brits, due to the influence of the American tendency to be more positive and encouraging, PlasticMan has experienced?

It always seems that Brits hate to give praise and are suspicious when they receive it.:)

There's this episode of Fraiser I watch recently where..

• Like 1

There's this episode of Fraiser I watch recently where..

The harshness and brutality of Daphne Moon's childhood is a theme throughout and the constant torture of her mother's cruel taunts about her never finding a man, make her cry.

Still in my infancy here on VT so I'm being careful with my likes so I don't appear too loose and make everyone here think I'm easy. Plus I've accidentally hit "like" on a post and was too cowardly to retract it.

Just on the Frasier front-

Roz Doyle >>>>>>>>> Daphne Moon

• Like 1

Still in my infancy here on VT so I'm being careful with my likes so I don't appear too loose and make everyone here think I'm easy. Plus I've accidentally hit "like" on a post and was too cowardly to retract it.

Just on the Frasier front-

Roz Doyle >>>>>>>>> Daphne Moon

Roz looks like she'd put some right beef around it and even make you sandwich afterwards

• Like 4

Â