dudevillaisnice

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

I've taken the liberty of counting, not even close - 49 matches across both cups. That's before you take the obvious points that make this line of argument even more irrelevant - were we on TV against Bradford because it was a likely upset? Or were on TV because the League Cup semi-finals have been on TV for nearly three decades now? Were they expecting an upset for Villa - Reading, or was it because it was a quarter-final and three-quarters of the games played were going to be on TV? Was our game against Birmingham on TV because they were expecting an upset or because it was a third round tie and there would probably be a bit more to talk about than Hull - Swansea or Preston - Bournemouth?

Nine televised ties against lower league sides across two competitions and eight seasons for one of the bigger sides in the country, when the average early round of the cup will have between four and six games selected for television? Colour me unsurprised. 

19wcr_zps242b5b4e.gif

Everton will look back at this squad once it's dismantled and will look back with regret that they didn't do much better with it. Quite clearly underachieving. The likes of Stones, Lukaku and Barkley aren't going to want to languish in the bottom half of the table, shame really but that's the reality we have had it done to us many times before. 

Merson slaughtered Martinez and Stones yesterday and he was spot on with it all, they also said he is bad for Stones development. Just found some stats and his Premier League win record is 36% over 300 games. shocking

They're at the stage now we were at in summer 2011 really.

Couldn't quite make the step up to champions league and then we dropped back into mid table so likes of Young and Downing didn't want to know any longer.

Stones was probably promised a good stab at top 4 by staying on, he'll be off in the summer, Lukaku's ambition will be to play in the champions league eventually aswell.

Barkley might stay a bit longer being a local lad but Man. City like him although Pep coming in might derail that.

Sensible governance will keep them away from plummeting into the bottom 6 like we've done but they've missed their chance as a club now so will be stagnating for a bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35529337

Everton are moving closer to a £200m takover by an American consortium and a deal could even be concluded by the end of the month.

The group, led by former San Diego Padres owner John Jay Moores and fellow entrepreneur Charles Noell, have been in talks with Toffees owner Bill Kenwright in recent months.

Moores and Noell were previously interested in investing in Swansea....

If they get sold for £200m, we're left far behind.

We used to get compared with clubs like Everton, Tottenham and Newcastle.

If this happens, considering Spurs are a Premier League title contender, we are left with comparisons to Forest, Wednesday and Leeds. We're already there really.

• Like 1

“I think you do not have a better English player. Technically, he is as good as you get. The way he executes, how he reads the game, for me he is one of the most sensational you are going to see in Premier League history.

Guess who Martinez is talking about :lol:

2 hours ago, islingtonclaret said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35529337

If they get sold for £200m, we're left far behind.

We used to get compared with clubs like Everton, Tottenham and Newcastle.

If this happens, considering Spurs are a Premier League title contender, we are left with comparisons to Forest, Wednesday and Leeds. We're already there really.

Only if we're languishing in the Championship still in a few years time.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sold just a new investor who bought 49.9% of the club valuing it at 175 million!  Sold his shares in Le Arse to invest in the Toffees.  So they still have Kenwright who has the clubs best interests at heart and some extra money to compete on transfers and maybe a new stadium.   I actually think that sounds the best thing that could happen to them but would welcome a Toffee to tell me what they think!

Desperately need to redevelop Goodison.

Wonderful old school ground but has very little hospitality facilities.

I also think they're in that sort of 2010 crossroads we were at as some of their players will be wanting to test themselves at champions league level before too long.

Â