Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I didn't realise quite how good Hutton was!

http://talksport.com/football/gareth-bale-wayne-rooneyand-alan-hutton-included-lequipes-great-britain-xi-151117174593 (Talk Sport)

British nations are enjoying themselves at the moment after a stellar Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, with only Scotland missing out on next summer's finals in France.

When it comes to compiling a combined XI of the best players from each home nation, several names spring to mind instantly.

Wales were spearheaded to qualification by the mercurial talents of Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey while England boast a number of talented players who helped them canter to the top of their group.

But French news outlet L'Equipe has included a far more left-field option in their selection.

Seems pretty reasonable. Until you cast your eye over the right-back selection. Yes, that really is Aston Villa and Scotland stalwart Alan Hutton slotting in on the right side of defence.

We can only begin to imagine the devastating relationship Hutton could strike up with £86m Real Madrid Galactico Bale.

Edited by jackbauer24

19 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I've just seen this myself and had to do a double take. Do you think we could sell him to Real or set up a swap for Dani Caraval?

Perhaps the only player today to show the effort and spirit that we need.

Definitely the reason he's looked one of our better players this season. If we go down he's one of the only players of be bothered about holding onto for his commitment and fight.

• Like 1

Â