Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I work from home 1 days a week as a minimum and Mrs E views it is an additional weekend day/bonus day off.

It caused weekly disputes when I remind her I, you know, have to work.

Productivity wise its great I get loads done.....shame it dramatically impacts the chance of a fumble later.

Not sure why input this in this thread really.

23 hours ago, Meath_Villan said: same here ....rather her mom in her prime 

don't worry Mike, I like her. That's the one from the Detectorists isn't it?

Dunno, don't watch it. I believe she's in "Capital" though.

In other news, we have bats nesting in our eaves. Mrs. M is appalled, I think it's great. Had to rescue one from inside the house a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

In other news, we have bats nesting in our eaves. Mrs. M is appalled, I think it's great. Had to rescue one from inside the house a couple of weeks ago.

same here, i love bats. if we had them nesting in our eaves the missus would be going mad and id be telling her to leave them alone. same with spiders or whatever else, id rather save it than kill it and if im at work and i come across snails,spiders or whatever else might be living in the packs of tiles i will stop work and go out of my way to put them out of harms way. my work mate just kills them and it proper pisses me off, but he is a blue nose so what do you expect. i once had a pet fly when i was in the nick, no joke.

• Like 1

Got a last min booking last night, to DJ at a venue I've been trying to get booked in for ages. Went really well, and there's talk of future gigs. On top of that, I didn't pay for a drink all night. :cheers:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Had to Mooney:

"The eaves are the edges of the roof which overhang the face of a wall and, normally, project beyond the side of a building.[1] The eaves form an overhang to throw water clear of the walls and may be highly decorated as part of an architectural style".

You learn something new on VT every day :)

Little known fact, Tea Leaves is actually a misunderstood phrase.

Their real name are Teal Eaves, named as such because of where they were originally stored to keep them out of the rain in the teal coloured farmhouses of South West China

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mjmooney said: Dunno, don't watch it. I believe she's in "Capital" though.

Had to Mooney:

"The eaves are the edges of the roof which overhang the face of a wall and, normally, project beyond the side of a building.[1] The eaves form an overhang to throw water clear of the walls and may be highly decorated as part of an architectural style".

You learn something new on VT every day [emoji4]

You do indeed. I would never have expected that 'eaves' was an unfamiliar word to anyone, but there you go.

• Like 1

I wasn't a fan of Pick of Destiny, and haven't heard their third album.

But that original one is just brilliant. Bit childish I suppose, but given the age I was when I first heard it, it's probably why I like it so much.

Haven't listened to it in years but downloaded it the other day and had a blast. Surprisingly I remembered pretty much all of the lyrics :D

Oh, not a good album to listen to at the gym though. Try lifting weights whilst giggling your head off

"I BELIEVE IN GAWD"

That Tenacious D album is more like a standup routine. Think flight of the conchords style music (not in musical style, I mean the songs being stories and/or comedy)

A lot of the tracks are skits.

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/newsgallery/?public_id=42791

BAYSWATER; TIPPERARY A former lawyer who sneaked into a woman's bedroom wearing fishnet stockings and a purple G-string has been cleared after he explained he thought she was a giant panda. Irish-born Desmond Moran, 53, claimed he had taken so many drugs that he thought the terrified woman was a big bear. Unfortunately he could not recall why he was dressed in women's underwear when he got into her Bayswater flat. The woman told the court she was sleeping in bed with her two children when she woke to Moran staring at her from the doorway. 

• Like 1

Â