Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Proper lazy day today, haven't even got dressed! Wonderful 

Couldn't do it every day, would go stir crazy, but its nice every now and again. 

Proper lazy day today, haven't even got dressed! Wonderful 

Couldn't do it every day, would go stir crazy, but its nice every now and again. 

I had one of those, bar a quick trek to the shop to get milk, it was wonderful.

Had I not gone to the shops I'd still be in my undercrackers and t-shirt.

I could get used to not working. Tootling around during the day, stopping off at the pub for lunch and now thinking of a nap before heading into Brum for some beers later.

Work just gets in the way of shit

• Like 3

You definitely need time away from work to realise how much is does affect your life and your well being.

Edited by Xela

Working from home.

More productive than the office. I get to get up 2 hours later. Got the gym out of the way on my lunch break. On my sofa after finishing work at 5 pm instead of 6:30 or 7. 

Lovely stuff.

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Working from home.

More productive than the office. I get to get up 2 hours later. Got the gym out of the way on my lunch break. On my sofa after finishing work at 5 pm instead of 6:30 or 7. 

Lovely stuff.

There will no doubt be people in your office doing the 'working from home' thing with their fingers, assuming you have slacking all day

I'm much more productive at home as well but people never believe me!

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

There will no doubt be people in your office doing the 'working from home' thing with their fingers, assuming you have slacking all day

I'm much more productive at home as well but people never believe me!

Yep, absolutely.

It's ludicrous here.
The official line from senior management is that everybody should work from home at least one day a week, and that they fully support it.

But when you actually try and do it there is resistance.

When I actually need to get stuff done, I'm much better working from home than in the office. 

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, absolutely.

It's ludicrous here.
The official line from senior management is that everybody should work from home at least one day a week, and that they fully support it.

But when you actually try and do it there is resistance.

When I actually need to get stuff done, I'm much better working from home than in the office. 

We have similar here, although WFH is not really encouraged, but more occasionally tolerated. Having said that, I'm much less productive at home. AT work, I have 2 screens and a faster PC, at home a lappy. Time savings are there for the commute, but I wouldn't like to do WFH very often. Prefer to have some human interaction.

I wouldn't want to do it as the norm.

But one day a week would be hugely beneficial.

Unfortunately, I'm in one of the only departments in the whole of finance that still use desktops. So to work from home I have to borrow the one laptop we share between us.

Even the new apprentice has a laptop!

I just virtualised my work machine and run it on my home gaming rig, it's so nice not taking 5 minutes to load some of the more cumbersome software we use. It's a damn sad state of affairs that it's quicker to run stuff through a VM than on the 'new' laptop I virtualised though.

There are fewer cats sitting on my keyboard at work though, so that somewhat impacts my WFH productivity.

Edited by Davkaus

Â