Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

You're trying a bit too hard now mate

Seriously what does this mean, what am I trying hard at? And feel free to not hold back, I might actually agree with the message, but as it stands I'm confused. How about some of the people who liked the post answer my question. No offence but I always find it a bit cowardly/sneaky when people like posts having a go at others and they don't say anything themselves.

Taken the silence to my above questions as confirmation that you don't actually think I'm 'trying too hard' and just wanted to have a go. Either that or you realize what you've said doesn't make sense. It's a dickish thing to say anyway, it's not for you tell others how to post, or to put them in a position where they're reluctant to say what's on their mind lest people might think they're 'trying too hard'.

I was going to start a thread asking people their favourite animals but then thought better of it, because most people probably don't have a favorite animal, but I was caught in two minds so just posted mine in here. As a child my favourite animal would have been something like a Polar Bear or a Tiger. But one day I looked at a sparrow and just thought they're really pleasant creatures to look at and listen to, and I was amazed that I'd never really noticed/thought about it before, I guess I'd taken them for granted because they're so familiar. I've got a few field records of bird song but none dedicated to sparrows.

My favourite animal is a sparrow, if that makes me really edgy and cool I can't help it.

If I had to choose a favorite colour I'd probably say black. Sometimes the blackness of a dark room really cheers me up or the blackness of nice inky sky at night. I also thought better of starting a thread asking people for their favourite colors.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Taking the silence to my above questions as confirmation that you don't actually think I'm 'trying too hard' and just wanted to have a go. Either that or you realize what you've said doesn't make sense. It's a dickish thing to say anyway, it's not for you tell others how to post, or to put them in a position where they're reluctant to say what's on their mind lest people might think they're 'trying too hard'.

I was going to start a thread asking people their favourite animals but then thought better of it, because most people probably don't have a favorite animal, but I was caught in two minds so just posted mine in here. As a child my favourite animal would have been something like a Polar Bear or a Tiger. But one day I looked at a sparrow and just thought they're really pleasant creatures to look at and listen to, and I was amazed that I'd never really noticed/thought about it before, I guess I'd taken them for granted because they're so familiar. I've got a few field records of bird song but none dedicated to sparrows.

My favourite animal is a sparrow, if that makes me really edgy and cool I can't help it.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

If I had to choose a favorite colour I'd probably say black. Sometimes the blackness of a dark room really cheers me up or the blackness of nice inky sky at night. I also thought better of starting a thread asking people for their favourite colors.

Sorry, but I wanted these two important posts to be at the top of a new page.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

start the thread, start the thread

I have a favourite

You can start the thread if you wish, and just say it was my idea. I did think about just making it a wildlife thread, but my fondness for sparrows is just more of an aesthetic thing, I don't really know anything about them.

Talking of new threads, I noticed the other day that Sue Pollard and Jenny Eclair are two different people, not sure how I managed to think it was the same person considering they've got different names. I almost started a thread called obvious things that you didn't notice before.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

black is not a colour

but I also like black

I like the Dylan Thomas description of black:

To begin, at the beginning. It is Spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and bible black....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

This really is "you had to be there" one, but my mate at work referred to one of our work IT guys as Hodor (from Game of Thrones). I near pissed my pants laughing, I'm not sure why I never noticed he looks like him before?! Still giggling to myself now, thinking about it. If I can get a picture, I will.

We have a Hodor as well. In IT too :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The Su Pollard and Jenny Eclair thing, which one was Penny Crayon?

That would be Su Pollard (I really wanted to be able to make drawings come to life).

While I can see the similarity between Pollard & Eclair, when I hear Su Pollard's name mentioned, I picture the actress Janine Duvitski in "Abigail's Party".

Â