The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Erm... what?

Why put this nonsense on social media. He should be more interested in putting some good performances in the pitch than trying to get sympathy from villa fans

i didnt see Adama, Okore or Amavi putting this kind of rubbish on when they had more lengthy injuries

Edited by Demitri_C

Does get too much stick but he's asking for it posting photos of an ice pack on his poorly ankle. If you're under pressure as a young lad why are you even on Twitter.

I follow basketball - guy for the San Antonio Spurs called LeMarcus Aldridge recently admitted his recent deletion of his Twitter account has made him more confident and his general performances improved massively. If you haven't adapted a good enough mentality to take criticism, which in my view Grealish hasn't (irrelevant of this specific post), just delete your social media. What purpose does it actually serve.

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why put this nonsense on social media. He should be more interested in putting some good performances in the pitch than trying to get sympathy from villa fans

i didnt see Adama, Okore or Amavi putting this kind of rubbish on when they had more lengthy injuries

im sure Okore was posting that he was working his way back to fitness. not much difference really

I like Jack he has fabulous potential, I find the expectations placed on him by us as a fanbase and the club when he's still a infant in terms of being a premier league player unreasonable and unhealthy for both parties. We won't see the best out of him for years yet and we'll see nothing at all if we get on his case and suffocate him. He has to be given the freedom to develop which through no real fault of his own he's not got the luxury of given our current predicament. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There are many unreasonable fans out there and I'd suggest that putting a sore ankle on social media might (might ...) prevent those people from questioning why Grealish is missing at the moment.  Or why he might not be 100% if and when he comes back.  In a way he's potentially answering the stupider questions before they're even asked.  Cuz we know what twitter is like.

• Like 1

This is the world we live in, and even though I'm not that much older than him, he's really a generation apart (from me and many of the posters on here) in terms of the importance of social media has in his life. 

He's of the mind set where everything needs to be shared and communicated to others. A picture of him injured and being angry is really just a banal event, being angry at being injured is perfectly natural, cryptically he could be angry at the person who caused it. 

Either way, there's nothing to see here, people who are getting upset presumably fail to see that this sort of behaviour (sharing everything on instagram/twitter etc) is perfectly 'normal' among his generation.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I like Jack he has fabulous potential, I find the expectations placed on him by us as a fanbase and the club when he's still a infant in terms of being a premier league player unreasonable and unhealthy for both parties. We won't see the best out of him for years yet and we'll see nothing at all if we get on his case and suffocate him. He has to be given the freedom to develop which through no real fault of his own he's not got the luxury of given our current predicament. 

Really have to disagree with that bit.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry Dem, but this is a ridiculous post.

Mainly for the reason that Amavi, Okore and Adama have LITERALLY done exactly that.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm have they havent seen it? But regardless it winds me up mate!! 

I know it makes me want to bust his head! We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

• Like 4

Â