The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, RichardCanning said:

IMO Graham Fenton Mk 2, kids if you don't know who Fenton is look him up, one good appearance at Wembley for villa, was allegedly the second coming of Mortimer. Rumour has it he believed his hype and faded down through the leagues to nothingness. I see Grealish heading the same way but potentially a more spectacular fall as Fenton wasnt knowing for his drinking antics

Not quite as bad as Frank Pimblett who on debut was amazing and then turned up pissed for training and never played for us again

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

Send him to live with Milner.

within 2 weeks he will be a committed , alcohol free, Duracell bunny running footballing freak who is as boring as f**k so his mates will never want to go on a bender with him.

and signing for Liverpool in January :P

I'm delighted that hes been sent from the first team. Want him nowhere near it.

Watching the Salford City programme, what impressed me about Neville and Co was the sheer professionalism. Now fergie will have had a massive influence on that but the way we have promising young players and seemingly turn them into drunken piss heads at the first sign of a contract is an utter joke tbh.

I don't think it's any secret that there is probably a drinking culture at villa and I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the main ringleaders was gabby.

I remember someone a few years ago posting that they had met Albrighton with his son and had photos etc. During this Albrighton pulled out his phone and laughed as he explained that gabby was asking him if he was coming out on the town. Now, that might have been bollocks but what an odd thing to make up. 

Gabby was apparently one of the main perpetrators when they were all **** about under houllier according to MM and you only have to think about all the nights out/drunken stories we seem to attract. 

Weimann/Albrighton look like new men and players since moving. Weimann obv dropped down a league of course.

I want grealish and gabby nowhere near the team atm and I'm not even bothered if I'm being harsh on gabby here because I want him nowhere near the team anyway - he's **** shite.

Well done remi - pleased with this.

Sorry as a little OT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

hink it's any secret that there is probably a drinking culture at villa and I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the main ringleaders was gabby.

is there? secret to me?

We had dunne/collins who would drink a lot but im pretty sure they just drink whatever club theyre at.
We got grealish whos just enjoying his youth.
Some guy saying albrighton said gabby asked him to go out on the town with 0 context isnt really any evidence of drinking culture.
Wiemann had a beer after a game once? (think we was just saved from relegation?)

Doesnt sound too much of a drinking culture from what i know. I must be missing a lot stories though :S

3 minutes ago, gharperr said:

is there? secret to me?

We had dunne/collins who would drink a lot but im pretty sure they just drink whatever club theyre at.
We got grealish whos just enjoying his youth.
Some guy saying albrighton said gabby asked him to go out on the town with 0 context isnt really any evidence of drinking culture.
Wiemann had a beer after a game once? (think we was just saved from relegation?)

Doesnt sound too much of a drinking culture from what i know. I must be missing a lot stories though :S

Don't remember barry Bannan drink driving his car into a barrier?

Herd and Collins trying to boot their way into gatecrasher.

• Like 1

The Salford City programme where they lost an important game because they all went out and got pissed 2 days before at a party organised by the owners? ;) 

Edited by Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Salford City programme where they lost an important game because they all went out and got pissed 2 days before at a party organised by the owners? ;) 

Yep. But they had expressed their concern and had put things in place to stop them getting pissed. The fact they went against them and got smashed was players being arseholes. Weren't as if they were impressed in fact the managers were constantly on them during the night and Gary Neville wanted to kill them after the lacklustre performance that followed. Not too dissimilar to the shit served up at vp.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Everybody! Everybody stop what you're doing. Harry Redknapp has made his feelings known about Grealish.

Completely agree with him for once though. Its funny how ex players who probably were like Jack (Merson) blaming Garde yet former managers blaming Jack.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Everybody! Everybody stop what you're doing. Harry Redknapp has made his feelings known about Grealish.

Does this make Redknapp wrong?

There's no defence for Grealish here.  He needs to sort himself out.

Going out as a 20 year old isn't a big deal.  Having a couple of drinks after a game isn't a big deal.  Having a couple of drinks after a game being a 20 year old supposed athlete IS a big deal. **** rocket science it is not. 

Edited by bobzy

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Going out as a 20 year old isn't a big deal.  Having a couple of drinks after a game isn't a big deal.  Having a couple of drinks after a game being a 20 year old supposed athlete IS a big deal. **** rocket science it is not. 

I think if he was playing like Ronaldo.. noone would give a shit. The fact that hes not.. just goes to show its affecting his game. Hes noway near the level of last season. Its all gone to his head. I hope he snaps out of it before its too late.

A fan of this club would be hurt after a loss like that.. especially if you had a part in it. Cant imagine partying after that. Lying to your gaffer? Half arsed running.. Dont think he cares about this club at all.

• Like 2

I think too much is being made of the word "partying".  He's had a drink (probably not even that much) after a defeat - who hasn't done that?!  I don't buy the "he's not arsed" line at all.

Equally, it's not about how he's played for me. Professional footballers simply shouldn't be behaving in this manner. Take care of your body and the condition you need to be in and don't get into situations like this where the press can run riot. It's just so simple!

I'm in the middle with this, even if he did go and get pissed, what would have possessed him to post it up on social media? If it was his "mates" they are just as twattish for allowing it to happen. then again I've done some pretty reprehensible things on the piss. :/

4 hours ago, BOF said: Everybody! Everybody stop what you're doing. Harry Redknapp has made his feelings known about Grealish.

What an odd first sentence.

Tell me what part of my post says he's wrong. I was implying that he who can't shut up has indeed piped up on the matter.

Weimann was a nightmare for drinking. Have a few stories of things i witnessed with him. I think the drinking culture has stopped now and its mostly just individuals like Jack have a problem rather than a collective like we had a few years back with Bannan, Dunne, Collins, Albrighton, Weimann, Gabby and a few others.

So hopefully Remi and his staff can work on Jack and get him focused again, because it would be a shame if he threw it all away!

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm in the middle with this, even if he did go and get pissed, what would have possessed him to post it up on social media? If it was his "mates" they are just as twattish for allowing it to happen. then again I've done some pretty reprehensible things on the piss. :/

Yeah some of his mates are complete tools mate. The look at me im with a footballer types. Any chance to get that on their social media accounts. Jack needs to look a lot of these people aswell, they are doing him no good at all. 

• Like 1

Â