The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

‘He won’t be in the squad for Watford,’ said Garde. ‘At this stage he is not playing at this weekend. He is training with the Under-21 team, that’s all I can say.’

This is not professional, not what I am expecting from my players,’ added the Villa manager.

Garde did not find fault with Grealish, or any of his players, travelling back from the away game separately to the team coach – ‘It can happen once or twice during season. The problem was not to be on he bus, it was elsewhere’ – but said hard work must follow this setback.

‘It’s not my job to say who is a superstar,’ said Garde. ‘I am a technician, I only see some players, young or not, who have very good qualities.

Jack has a lot of ability, but he needs to improve, to work again. Not because he is 20, but in football you need to work every day. You have good examples of players 29 or 30, who are coming late from working hard.’

Garde also appealed for context and extended some empathy for an emerging player experience the first trappings of fame and money. ‘It’s not always easy to earn a lot of money when you are young,’ he said. ‘It’s strange, it shouldn’t be a problem.

‘But we also have to remember what we had in our brain when we were 20. You cannot only blame, you need to understand and help.’

Grealish dropped

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 4

Gabby said Grealish bleeds claret and blue (or something like that) - that may be so but if he actually wants villa to do well then he needs to clean up his act and help the team stay up by being a pro. Anything less and I think he probably bleeds Jack Grealish before he bleeds claret and blue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Gabby said Grealish bleeds claret and blue (or something like that) - that may be so but if he actually wants villa to do well then he needs to clean up his act and help the team stay up by being a pro. Anything less and I think he probably bleeds Jack Grealish before he bleeds claret and blue.

Gabby probably thinks that is enough. I mean he himself has got contract after contract out of this club pulling that card. Who can blame him.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Gabby probably thinks that is enough. I mean he himself has got contract after contract out of this club pulling that card. Who can blame him.

For absolute sure. Tentative signs, but it does appear that players like Grealish and certainly Gabby have spent far too much of their careers already, being un-managed. They have been left to define themselves but everyone needs a mentor or guidance. Thankfully Remi looks like he can provide this.

I love Jack but think this is a good call. He has bags of potential but without discipline he might not be realised. Also I think this will send a message out to the other players that unprofessional behaviour will not be tolerated by the club and all of the players must be at optimum fitness to give us a chance of survival. Losing points in the final 10 minutes of games seems to ring a bell in the last year or so, hopefully it'll be the end of that with improved football, fitness and discipline. 

needs to buckle down and learn from a true athlete and team player like Nzogbia

as for the media witch hunt its just that, the problem is Villa are crap. If we were mid-table nobody would give a ****. Dunne and Carew was hardly the greatest professional but rarely a whisper made when we were top 6 but when we struggled the season after everything came out in media

2 hours ago, villanmac said:

Its ironic cos Gaz Baz loved a piss up more than anyone tbf, he was just a great player. 

It's no coincidence that Barry improved as a footballer once Lee Hendrie was out of the picture, Hendrie was a terrible influence on Barry, I know countless stories of their antics together...

Â