The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

A few good games and a bit of money and it goes to his head. The classic example of young English players getting paid to much soon and begin acting like Chavs with a bit of cash. Ungrateful sod.  At least Hendrie gave us a few good season before going off the rails. This kid gives us a few games! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

Whether or not you end up being right, I think there's plenty of time for him to turn it around as of right now, if he starts getting and taking the right advice. Garde might be the best thing that ever happened him. Fingers crossed.

There is but after his summer antics you would have thought he would have learnt his lesson. If you don't care about the club at least act like you do while the pay your wages. 

6 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Yes fair comment mate about making his own arrangements but in my opinion a team should travel to and from games together as that contributes to a team mentality. I understand that it may come across as treating them like children but Jack obviously needs this kind of treatment as he cant be trusted to do otherwise. Same goes for any other player who totally disrespects the club in the same way. Obviously in certain circumstances the players shudnt have too do this but there cant be many reasons why the players should travel seperately. Jack has shown he cannot be trusted to do such thing after the weekends antics, i wonder what he told Villa he was doing not to travel back with the rest of the team? Because clearly he didnt tell them he was going for a piss up in manchester...

And i cant see them accepting any other reason ,(apart from something like family reasons or the like),why he wont be travelling by coach from now on as he must have lied to them this time round. 

I agree about traveling together to build morale, it's the same when I play rugby. 

If Jack did make his own way back, he might not have given any excuse and simply said "I'll sort myself out thanks" and they trusted him and left it at that. Also, how do people know he didn't travel with the team and then jump straight in a taxi to Manchester to meet his mates? Would be expensive and a lot of traveling time/money but he has cash to burn and I've known 19 year olds do crazier stuff for a night out.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A few good games and a bit of money and it goes to his head. The classic example of young English players getting paid to much soon and begin acting like Chavs with a bit of cash. Ungrateful sod.  At least Hendrie gave us a few good season before going off the rails. This kid gives us a few games! 

I think this is a major problem in the English game. I remember quotes a few years back from an ex Man City player (think it was Ireland but might be wrong) saying he would turn up to training and see 17 year old kids wearing £20,000 watches, driving round in super cars thinking they were the big I am when they hadn't even made a match day squad yet.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Whether or not you end up being right, I think there's plenty of time for him to turn it around as of right now, if he starts getting and taking the right advice. Garde might be the best thing that ever happened him. Fingers crossed.

I think that's a cheap excuse to be honest mate.

Drive has to come from within its not for others to have to advise him about.

Players these days are given all sorts of advice coming through to try and stop this sort of thing. Ultimately though it comes down to personal responsibility.

I cut him slack in the summer but not this time.

He shouldn't have needed someone to advise him that this was a bad idea.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, BOF said: Whether or not you end up being right, I think there's plenty of time for him to turn it around as of right now, if he starts getting and taking the right advice. Garde might be the best thing that ever happened him. Fingers crossed.

There is but after his summer antics you would have thought he would have learnt his lesson. If you don't care about the club at least act like you do while the pay your wages. 

I know he hasn't learned yet but he only needs to learn it the once. As I say, hopefully this time.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I agree about traveling together to build morale, it's the same when I play rugby. 

If Jack did make his own way back, he might not have given any excuse and simply said "I'll sort myself out thanks" and they trusted him and left it at that. Also, how do people know he didn't travel with the team and then jump straight in a taxi to Manchester to meet his mates? Would be expensive and a lot of traveling time/money but he has cash to burn and I've known 19 year olds do crazier stuff for a night out.

Yeah i did think this earlier. Sky reckon he wasnt on the coach. So he must have gone straight after the game. Like i said from what ive been told by someone who knows him is that him and a friend went from Liverpool to Manchester and met up with others. How true this is i dont know..  i could find out if i really really wanted to, but i really cannot be arsed tbh. The lads **** up and is getting punished. Hopefully that is the end of it and he learns from it this time...

From what i hear and see of Jack regularly this wont be the end of his stupidness.... i hope he proves me 100% wrong though!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What makes it worse for me is that he is a villa fan and apparently "loves the club"... this alone makes me question his atitude never mind all the antics on top. If he cant behave doing a very well paid job for a club he loves, then what else does he need to behave really?

Im pretty sure all of us on here would do a hell of a lot for us or our sons and daughters to be in a position he is in.. yet just a year into his career as a pro footballer he is doing his best to throw it down the pan.. 

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 2

The lad has serious talent ,but his attitude and work rate doesn't match his talent ,talent alone won't make it at Premier League level he will learn this the hard way .I understand everyone even professionals have to go out and enjoy themselves but the timing after his own performance and a 4-0 defeat was all wrong ,it's obvious he isn't learning from his mistakes until he does  he will struggle to be the player he could be .

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

a good player on his day but way overrated and im pretty sure he wont do much in football.

Sadly I have to agree. 

He could with the right application become a great player, unfortunately he just doesn't seen to have the drive, and as Trent said above, that has to come from within. 

People will say "he's a young lad, its only a few beers", but this season was so important for Jacks progression, he should be busting his balls, constantly looking to improve and impress, it seems like the only people he's bothered about impressing are his mates. 

It might only be a few beers, a young man being just that, but you look at the players that have really made it in the game, the guys Jack should be aspiring to become, Ronaldo, Messi, Naymar, Bale, they all have one thing in common. When their mates were off for a few beers they were most probably at home thinking about training the following day. 

If he thinks he's made it after half a season, he will never make it.

People haven't forgot the fact that he was working very hard for in training on fitness during the two week international break right?

He's still young, just because the team's doing shite on the pitch, doesn't mean every week he's going to be at home every night, tucked in bed reading a book before going to bed at 10pm is he?

Just out of curiosity, would fans still have been angry with him if we beat Everton, with him playing a blinder and scoring the winning goal, and still went out to have a good time with his mates?

We're all young once and we all done crazy stuff when we weren't meant to. Jack's no different.

But yes, he does have a responsibility to himself and the club to conduct his behaviour in a professional manner, and it's good he's been 'punished' for a bit.

He's got so much ability, so there'll still be a place here if he can sort his attitude out. I think he will, he has no choice.

FWIW I don't have too much of a problem with the summer or this night on Saturday. Yeah it's not great, but if you think 99% of young players haven't done this down the years you're naive. Different world now, cameras everywhere, blah, blah, blah. However, Garde does have an issue so Jack's going to have to deal with it.

Sadly having Sherwood around will have been bad for his head in my opinion. He encouraged the most laddy of laddy behaviour around the club and while largely innocent majority of the time it won't have done anything for any of the young players' professionalism.

So come on Jack. Work your balls off. You're good enough to force the manager to involve you in the squad.

He'd be an excellent option off the bench Saturday.

Man, if I played for Aston Villa I would be doing everything in my power to drag us out of this mess, the fact that I'm being paid millions to do so nothwithstanding. As much as we hate Delph, he should take a leaf out of his book for his work ethic. Delph's motivation was simply to be the best he could and eventually get his dream transfer to a Top 4 Bench. You would think helping save his club from calamitous relegation would be motivation enough to not piss his career up the wall. I get the impression he realizes how talented he is so he thinks he doesn't need to put in as much work and still be good. I hope Remi can get him back on track.

He's an immature kid with a load of money and qdos, of course this sort of thing is going to happen. Remember when you were 19. If you were as immature as me you would have been out enjoying yourself

It shouldn't I agree, but he likes to go out and party...not making excuses for him but it's just a fact

Not every footballer is going to be as disciplined off the pitch. Hopefully someone will give him some good advice before it affects his football career. Would be a shame as he certainly has talent.

• Like 1

Â