The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

57 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I still don't get why the squad didn't travel home together. If going out after the game was not allowed why was Jack not on the team coach home? 

Well from what i have been told, Jacks mates made their way from brum and Jack and another friend made their own way there. So im guessing straight from Liverpool

He has shown a complete lack of respect and discipline to the club, remi garde, fellow players and staff. Why villa let him make his own way back is another question to be answered.Next time they need to make sure that this is not allowed. Rules are rules. And its shown if these arent implemented some (or even just Jack) can not be trusted to adhere to them.

Look Guys, the sad fact is we all like to see local boys do well, but if you study carefully Jack has had bits missing from his game even when he was playing well for us.

I'm not trying to pull him apart on the contrary, I want him to prove me wrong.

Its not JUST him playing badly at present.....We have all been anxious for him to deliver, but if I am being honest with myself I think he was fast tracked a bit in the appaisals

I do think there is a time, for a player to leave the second team and fly the nest.....I do think Jack should be in the first team squad, but he has a long way to go to be effective in the first team....He needs to improve his reading of the game,keep on his feet, chase lost causes, make himself more available by intelligent movement, attract news on the pitch not off it and above all develop and " eye of the tiger" approach to a game.

He is not all Aston Villa's ills, lets make no mistake about it.....but if we didn't care about his future, we wouldn't be bothering to write.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I was not suggesting it was acceptable then or now.

The correlation that i was alluding to.....is that they could all play and play bloody well consistently.

....Yes, they could...back when 95% of British footballers were out getting pissed every week,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

is it really controversy. I have had bad days at work and a few drinks is what you need after it

Does your job require you to be at peak physical fitness in order to train throughout the week for an exhaustive physical performance at the weekend, for 40 odd weeks running?

Are you aware how physically detrimental alcohol is to the body? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Well from what i have been told, Jacks mates made their way from brum and Jack and another friend made their own way there. So im guessing straight from Liverpool

He has shown a complete lack of respect and discipline to the club, remi garde, fellow players and staff. Why villa let him make his own way back is another question to be answered.Next time they need to make sure that this is not allowed. Rules are rules. And its shown if these arent implemented some (or even just Jack) can not be trusted to adhere to them.

As an adult Jack should be allowed to make his own travel arrangements after a game if he asks too (assuming he is done for the day), to force him to ride on a coach with the team is to treat him like a child. However, an adult should show that same level of respect to his manager, teammates and club and not do something inappropriate. Sadly it appears that Jack lacked the sense and maturity to do so.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 2

Well the next chapter in the already-sizeable book of Grealish is entirely up to him.  He can grow from this or he can throw the toys.  Reports are that the punishment is 'indefinite', which kind of goes without saying really.  We'll know more about what we've got here from how he bounces back from this setback.  Come on Jack.  Fix this.

• Like 3

As an adult Jack should be allowed to make his own travel arrangements after a game if he asks too (assuming he is done for the day), to force him to ride on a coach with the team is to treat him like a child. However, an adult should show that same level of respect to his manager, teammates and club and not do something inappropriate. Sadly it appears that Jack lacked the sense and maturity to do so.

Yes fair comment mate about making his own arrangements but in my opinion a team should travel to and from games together as that contributes to a team mentality. I understand that it may come across as treating them like children but Jack obviously needs this kind of treatment as he cant be trusted to do otherwise. Same goes for any other player who totally disrespects the club in the same way. Obviously in certain circumstances the players shudnt have too do this but there cant be many reasons why the players should travel seperately. Jack has shown he cannot be trusted to do such thing after the weekends antics, i wonder what he told Villa he was doing not to travel back with the rest of the team? Because clearly he didnt tell them he was going for a piss up in manchester...

And i cant see them accepting any other reason ,(apart from something like family reasons or the like),why he wont be travelling by coach from now on as he must have lied to them this time round. 

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Well the next chapter in the already-sizeable book of Grealish is entirely up to him.  He can grow from this or he can throw the toys.  Reports are that the punishment is 'indefinite', which kind of goes without saying really.  We'll know more about what we've got here from how he bounces back from this setback.  Come on Jack.  Fix this.

I'm betting he doesn't 

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Sorry BOF...but I think there is no chance of this......He already believes his own hype or he wouldn't have done this...the boy thinks he's made it and there is no way back.

Whether or not you end up being right, I think there's plenty of time for him to turn it around as of right now, if he starts getting and taking the right advice. Garde might be the best thing that ever happened him. Fingers crossed.

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Lambert was right, he isn't/wasn't ready and his performances on the pitch and behaviour off it smack of someone not ready and given too much too soon.

He put in some good performances under Sherwood last season, but I agree with you about his behaviour.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I still don't get why the squad didn't travel home together. If going out after the game was not allowed why was Jack not on the team coach home? 

I don't understand it either.

I know in the past we've let Heskey and Friedel go home seperately after games in the North west as their family homes were in Cheshire and they were senior pros so no issue of them messing about off the pitch.

Grealish isn't really doing himself many favours really with his attitude and underwhelming performances of late. I'd have love to have heard his excuse to Remi about why he wanted to stay in the North west as Garde was well within his rights to make the squad come into the training ground for a Sunday session after that "performance."

Â