The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

McGrath was one in a billion. Probably not great advice to ever tell someone to look at McGrath's career and think you can emulate anything he did or how he went about achieving it.

of course not but you can say that Johnson is one in a billion as well

Tbh he's been, along with most of them absolutely shite this season.

I couldn't care less if the club sold him, on his day (Liverpool FAC semi) he's brilliant but besides that game I'm struggling to think of a game when he's stood out.

If he thinks he's "made it" now then he's never going to.

As for playing for England? Well Delph does so maybe but I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he's a possible international player.

I've been one of his supporters but I'm not blind, I can see when someone isn't giving their all. Right now we need player's who will roll their sleeves up and fight for this club Jack isn't even breaking a sweat.

• Like 1

Mediawatch: Enthusiastic singing? Hang him

Date published: Tuesday 24th November 2015 1:17

Throw away the key
‘Grealish in new party storm,’ screams out the Daily Mail’s back page headline. The web version remains equally calm on the story: ‘Champagne, friends on ‘hippy crack’ and an after-party at hotel with two blonde girls…Grealish’s wild weekend after 4-0 defeat.’

That’s right, Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish has been on another night out with his friends, six days before the club’s next match. Hanging is too good for him.

Before Mediawatch spontaneously combusts with anger about Grealish’s ‘antics’, let’s read through the charge sheet:

‘The Villa attacking midfielder is said to have gone to Manchester nightclub Panacea’

A nightclub? On a Saturday? Is he mad? 

‘Footage shows Grealish, 20, singing into the camera in an enthusiastic manner’

For f**k’s sake, Jack. If you’re going to sing, you have to be unenthusiastic. Anything else makes you an animal.

‘He then travelled home to Birmingham and hosted a gathering involving two blonde women’

Why in holy s**tballs does the hair colour matter (unless you have tired, stereotyped views)?

‘A friend then inhales what seems to be nitrous oxide — known as hippy crack — from a balloon. There is no suggestion that Grealish was inhaling from balloons or in any other way’

This is where the Mail really come unstuck. They were presumably desperate to get Grealish doing the whole ‘hippy crack’ thing again, but that then didn’t happen. ‘Won’t somebody think of the (non-existent) passive inhalation?’ doesn’t have quite the same ring.

Mediawatch looks forward to the Daily Mail’s next instalment of ‘build them up to knock them down’, featuring Raheem Sterling drinking a cup of coffee. Or ‘Sterling’s drug shame,’ in the Mail’s world.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

is it really controversy. I have had bad days at work and a few drinks is what you need after it

I'd say it's a concern, he's gone out on the piss two nights in a row on the heels of a 4-0 drubbing, he hasn't been playing well, and we're in dead last place. 

If it's not a legit controversy, it's damn close.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BOF said:

I'd say it's a fair bet that they will.  Not that we'll see that.  The only way we can judge anything is by how near or far he is from the first team.

Perfect response from Garde, I think. Whilst not comparing him to the likes of Wenger or Ferguson, this is exactly the way they'd deal with this and sends a message now to the rest of the squad that they can't take the piss. Hopefully Jack won't need telling again and will be in the papers for his performances on the pitch. Please start with a good shift against Watford (if he makes it on as a sub!)

Edited by Fight Like Lions

12 minutes ago, BOF said: McGrath was one in a billion. Probably not great advice to ever tell someone to look at McGrath's career and think you can emulate anything he did or how he went about achieving it.

of course not but you can say that Johnson is one in a billion as well

If you wanted to be argumentative you could :)

21 hours ago, BOF said: I'd say it's a fair bet that they will.  Not that we'll see that.  The only way we can judge anything is by how near or far he is from the first team.

Perfect response from Garde, I think. Whilst not comparing him to the likes of Wenger or Ferguson, this is exactly the way they'd deal with this and sends a message now to the rest of the squad that they can't take the piss. Hopefully Jack won't need telling again and will be in the papers for his performances on the pitch. Please start with a good shift against Watford (if he makes it on as a sub!)

Yep I support the manager in doing whatever he feels needs to happen in order to get this club out of this rut. He's closer to it all so if he thinks Jack needs this then it's fine with me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

McGrath was one in a billion. Probably not great advice to ever tell someone to look at McGrath's career and think you can emulate anything he did or how he went about achieving it.

Agreed BOF. I keep seeing comments about how McGrath managed to do well while being a heavy drinker, and whilst that is true and he was a fantastic player for us (One of the best I have seen), the game has changed a lot since God used to play for us. I would imagine fitness levels and the speed of the game have moved on a hell of a lot since the early to mid nineties. Paul McGrath was a natural athlete, and his reading of the game and skill set were superb which made the game easy for him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gharperr said:

If every week/every other week then its a problem. If its once a month or every other month i couldnt care and dont see what the problem is.

So walking down the High st with your nuts hanging out is ok as long as its not too often......Once in a while is quite acceptable.

21 hours ago, gharperr said:

If every week/every other week then its a problem. If its once a month or every other month i couldnt care and dont see what the problem is.

So walking down the High st with your nuts hanging out is ok as long as its not too often......Once in a while is quite acceptable.

Just now, TRO said:

Pongo Waring, Andy Gray & Paul McGrath all liked a tot

can you spot the correlation.

Thats all very well but the game (and the world and society) are barely recognisable nowadays. We used to have overt racism and homophobia on TV but it doesn't mean its ok to do it now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eames said:

Thats all very well but the game (and the world and society) are barely recognisable nowadays. We used to have overt racism and homophobia on TV but it doesn't mean its ok to do it now. 

5 minutes ago, Eames said:

I was not suggesting it was acceptable then or now.

The correlation that i was alluding to.....is that they could all play and play bloody well consistently.

Really early in his career to say.. but he just doesnt seem to want it for me. Doesnt have the hunger. His attitude stinks and if hes not careful his career will end up in the lower leagues.

I hope i am wrong about him... I know his brother used to post on here.. and i know why he doesnt want to anymore but he must read it...  hes already 20.. look at Alli and even Sterling.. who have made it already.. he has just as much talent and hes quite literally pissing it down the drain. Get his head in order.

• Like 1

My only issue is that his game has been poor this season (along with a lot of others) and I'd like the new manager to sort that out and try and get the best out of the player.

If he's of the opinion that being out on the piss is part of the problem and is seeking to address that then fine.

Am I wrong or did Garde mention during the international break that Grealish wasn't to expect to start and needed to show a lot in training. He was then given a start which would suggest (as I have no reason to question the manager's integrity at the moment) that he did show what was demanded in training.

He didn't do what was required on the pitch, that's for sure and he needs to in future in order to help the club. I hope Garde can manage to facilitate this.

• Like 1

Â