The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, mwj said:

Expecting a professional sportsman not to get shit faced on a Saturday night is not "having a go" at them.

He would have his contract cancelled in some other sports...

That's true. I have a Lithuanian mate who was a professional handball player over there in his teens. When he was 19, he sprained his ankle and while in rehab was posted on Facebook out drinking. Instantly dismissed.

While I'm sure he was just an average pro and not a world class talent, and while I'm sure it's all well and good Lithuanian handball doesn't exactly have the same money/attention/exposure as the premier league, the club thought it was enough bad publicity to cut their ties.

unfortunately his behaviour wouldn't matter so much if he was playing well or the club was doing well, the two things might not be connected but he is inviting criticism on himself and making the club look even more stupid than it already does.

he has to take some responsibility for his actions, he's not 8 years old.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

He is known for being a bit of a party boy, flashing the cash at the clubs, seems like it could be affecting his form. Rumour has it, he is in big trouble for this. Look at him sitting out the next few games.

I hope so. He has a lot of talent but if he thinks he's made it know he could end up as another Moore or Hendrie.

5 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

In Manchester on Saturday night?  Do teams these days not all travel to and from games together in big fancy buses?  Hope he pre-recorded motd to see how sh1t he and his fellow team mates were.

Not necessarily, it's the managers discretion.

we stayed behind after a mid week man city game Andy Gray who was 19/20 wanted to stay in Manchester for a drink with us so Ron Saunders came out to vet us and reminded us of the responsibility to the club.....He only allowed Andy to stay behind, because Gordon Smith a bit older agreed to join us......we went to George Bests night club and met up with Sammy Mcilroy and Jim Holton.....great night.

my point is they do let them enjoy themselves.....but in all the time I was friends with Andy, despite liking a tot, he was always professional in his approach to his job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Grealish needs to look at the career of ex Man City midfielder Michael Johnson who at 27 is now a Business Owner.

Johnson was such a promising talent, i remember when he scored the winner against us when he was about 19 or 20.

Why do people always quote johnson when somebody drinks? its *likely* that longterm injuries which led to depression/health problems is what caused him to drink...He didn't decide to just waste his career through going out on the lash all the time

And if we dont want players to go down "the johnson route" how about people stop overhyping youth players (Sherwood and fans themselves) to the point where if they dont live up to the crazy hype it might affect them negatively mentally?

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

"Garde told Grealish to train with the development squad after footage emerged of the 20-year-old attacker in a Manchester nightclub hours after the humiliating 4-0 defeat by Everton.

Grealish was also alleged to have partied at a Birmingham hotel the following day and new Villa manager Garde has taken immediate action by ordering him to the under-21s.

Villa are unlikely to fine Grealish as the latest controversy happened after the game but there is understood to be anger and frustration at its timing, with the club bottom of the Premier League.

Grealish’s place in the squad for this weekend’s home game against Watford is under threat and it remains to be seen whether Garde will reintegrate him with the first team in the coming days."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

Why do people always quote johnson when somebody drinks? its *likely* that longterm injuries which led to depression/health problems is what caused him to drink...He didn't decide to just waste his career through going out on the lash all the time

And if we dont want players to go down "the johnson route" how about people stop overhyping youth players (Sherwood and fans themselves) to the point where if they dont live up to the crazy hype it might affect them negatively mentally?

Well, how about we compare him to the legend that could have been... our very own Micah Richards. This is what will happen to him if he stays on the current path. A perfectly ok career with excellent renumeration. Oh, what could have been... oh, who cares, bling bling.

Getting to the top of your sporting profession requires complete dedication. I am thinking of the sacrifices Novak Djokovic has made to be as good as he is in tennis. You can have the odd drink yes but to be drinking at a night club in Manchester and then again at a Birmingham hotel next day is not on. I've stuck up for Grealish in the past but he needs to grow up fast or he will dissapear out of the game quickly.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, villarocker said:

I am not surprised to see this story at all because a friend of mine told me on Saturday that he likes to go out boozing and often pays for large bar bills for him and his mates.

It's OK to enjoy yourself as a pro footballer but you have to use some sense and be careful what you are doing and who you are doing it with.

This isn't aimed at Jack Grealish at all but is reflective of footballers who get paid a lot of money. My uncle once told me of a time he dropped my aunt off at work in Sutton and her boss, who was a Villa fan, noticed that my uncle was wearing his Villa shirt. He told him a story about when he first bought his house. It turned out that he found out about a well known, international, Villa player who played for us in the 1990's, who, at that time, had owned this guy's house. Apparently, the pool cleaner had told him about this ex player owning the house. He said that one day he went to clean the pool and looked inside the house to see the player naked in his Jacuzzi with two women snorting the white stuff from the edge of the pool.

That story just makes you wonder about the players today and their performances. Not only the performances and how poor they are but, what about those players who are missing or left out of teams/squads/25's etc. What goes on behind the scenes that could answer a lot of the questions we pose over and over again? Makes you wonder if it's all worth parting with your hard-earned for.

That reminds me, how is Mark Bosnich nowadays?

So will he take this the right way and buckle down to re-earn his place, or will he scramble for his agent to get him a move to whatever team needs another homegrown player for the bench? 

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Grealish needs to look at the career of ex Man City midfielder Michael Johnson who at 27 is now a Business Owner.

Johnson was such a promising talent, i remember when he scored the winner against us when he was about 19 or 20.

or maybe he could look at the career of Paul McGrath?

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said: Grealish needs to look at the career of ex Man City midfielder Michael Johnson who at 27 is now a Business Owner.

or maybe he could look at the career of Paul McGrath?

McGrath was one in a billion. Probably not great advice to ever tell someone to look at McGrath's career and think you can emulate anything he did or how he went about achieving it.

• Like 4

Â