The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

but Ravel Morrison hasnt gone to a big team because of it, its lesser teams that take these wild punts, look at Balotelli at Liverpool being another example. I mean he has been linked with City and saw Chelsea and Spurs linked as well. Teams like that wont go in for him 

Merse could be a help in this but correct me if im wrong, i hear he is still a big drinker? Maybe not half as bad as he was but ive heard a few stories of him knocking around the pubs in mere green. Ultimately its down to Jack to take the advice and do something about it. 

A current member of the first team decided a few years ago that knocking around with 2 other team mates who were like Jack out on the razz most weekends wasnt going to help his career. He stopped knocking around with them and he is now in regular contention at first team level while the other two are playing in the championship now. Jack maybe needs to look at this and decide weather his mates are any good for his career or not. 

Edited by leighavfc

4 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Merse could be a help in this but correct me if im wrong, i hear he is still a big drinker? Maybe not half as bad as he was but ive heard a few stories of him knocking around the pubs in mere green. Ultimately its down to Jack to take the advice and do something about it. 

A current member of the first team decided a few years ago that knocking around with 2 other team mates who were like Jack out on the razz most weekends wasnt going to help his career. He stopped knocking around with them and he is now in regular contention at first team level while the other two are playing in the championship now. Jack maybe needs to look at this and decide weather his mates are any good for his career or not. 

Definitely was a couple of years ago. I remember this as I live in Warwick..... 

Former England footballer Paul Merson has been given a 14-month-driving ban after pleading guilty to drink-driving following a motorway crash. Merson crashed his Mercedes ML350 into a 38-tonne lorry after falling asleep at the wheel on the M40, near Warwick, Leamington Magistrates' Court heard.8 Feb 2012

7 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Definitely was a couple of years ago. I remember this as I live in Warwick..... 

Former England footballer Paul Merson has been given a 14-month-driving ban after pleading guilty to drink-driving following a motorway crash. Merson crashed his Mercedes ML350 into a 38-tonne lorry after falling asleep at the wheel on the M40, near Warwick, Leamington Magistrates' Court heard.8 Feb 2012

Yeah i thought so. I think even since then a mate of mine used to go out on the piss with him and hendrie. And im pretty sure it was merse one of the wags told my missus a story about how he tried it on with her, then when she told him to go away he started to shout abuse at her. This must have been at least 2 years ago though so maybe he has changed but still not sure if its a good idea tbh. 

Edited by leighavfc

53 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Yeah i thought so. I think even since then a mate of mine used to go out on the piss with him and hendrie. And im pretty sure it was merse one of the wags told my missus a story about how he tried it on with her, then when she told him to go away he started to shout abuse at her. This must have been at least 2 years ago though so maybe he has changed but still not sure if its a good idea tbh. 

Nah,  I can't see Remi picking up the phone and giving Merse a ring anytime soon! 

• Like 1

This won't put the big teams off.  Every manager thinks "I can sort him out".  Look at Ravel Morrison ffs.  Still stealing a living.  Grealish is still very much on the milder side of that scale, not to mention age group.  If anything was to happen then I think it's more likely that the big teams will try and nick him for buttons off the back of this rather than be scared off by a night in a pub.

Completely off topic but I really want chocolate buttons after reading this post.

Hmph

If he wants to be a top, top footballer like he has the potential to be he needs to change his ways fast.

I remember hearing a story recently about Ronaldo where Real had played an away game and came home at 6 in the morning and the first thing all the players did, except for one, was to go straight home. Ronaldo went straight to the training ground to recover for the next match, taking an ice bath and letting the physio work on him.

Another example, a little closer to home for me, is Gylfi Sigurdsson. He refuses to touch alcohol while he's a professional footballer. It's a short career and you need every advantage you can get he says. If Jack had the mentality of those two he could go very far, but he needs to change drastically for that to happen.

Edited by bose

IMO Graham Fenton Mk 2, kids if you don't know who Fenton is look him up, one good appearance at Wembley for villa, was allegedly the second coming of Mortimer. Rumour has it he believed his hype and faded down through the leagues to nothingness. I see Grealish heading the same way but potentially a more spectacular fall as Fenton wasnt knowing for his drinking antics

• Like 1

When the going gets tough......we go down the pub.....just joking.

The situation is quite sad here for both Villa and Jack.....just when there is a time when they both need each other the most a wedge comes between them.

I am totally in support of Remi's Stance, but if I was close to Jack right now, I would be advising to work like he has never worked before both Mentally and physically to get back in contention....both parties need each other badly.

I am assuming Jack is passionate about his job, if so my advice would be quite easy to implement.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No 'big' teams will be in for him, he's done nothing to warrant their interest

Agreed. I'm not convinced he's shown he's even good enough for us yet. He's been a passenger in half of the games he's played in. Maybe single figures of decent, but not great, performances, and people think he's going to go where?!

He could do a job for us on the Championship if he stays but given his character and attitude I reckon he'll be off in the summer. Can't see him roughing it out in the second tier, even though that's probably about his level.

Edited by One For The Road

To be honest a lot of players retire between 35-40. There's plenty of time to get pissed.

But tbf he needs to build up his tolerance now or he'll be a right Larry lightweight if he doesn't start drinking until his mid 30's.

• Like 2

Â