Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The worst part of The Wire might be the "Snot Boogie" opening scene. But by the time that first episode was finished, I was hooked like a drug fiend. Binge watched three seasons and then watched the rest as they came out. 

Bunny Colvin is my hero.

22 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Could never get into the West Wing. I got hold of the first two seasons on DVD, and tried to plough through it, but gave up half way through season 2. I got a bit annoyed by the 'message' in nearly every episode. For such a highly rated show, I didn't like the fact they tried to teach you a life lesson, and it's far too optimistic for such a miserable git like myself.  

I've found almost all of Aaron Sorkin's work since the West Wing really preachy like you say, but I don't mind it so much in the West Wing mainly because of the high calibre of the acting and the characters, plus I expect it from a programme based around a Democrat presidency.  It kind of balances it out a bit in the last two series when it covers the Republican race as well.  I've watched it through more times than any other programme, I'm on my fifth time through.  **** love that programme.

Just now, darrenm said:

I know all of these serious shows are great, but for pure enjoyment I'd have to say my favourite all time is Always Sunny.

For me I almost see comedies as a completely different genre of entertainment.

So I'd have a best TV show ever, and a best Comedy TV Show ever.

I nearly always have one serious show that I'm working my through and one comedy show that I'm working my way through simultaneously.

Rewatched a few episodes of Brasseye. Hard to believe it's abut 15 years old now, but stands-up to the test of time really well. Probably just as relevant a piece of staire today as it was when it first came out.

**episode is definitely NSFW**

*second edit* possibly more palatable episode for those unfamiliar with the show.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 3

Vinyl out today! Looks like it's going to be a class series.  Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger creating it,  with the boardwalk empire writers.  So glad HBO haven't taken the lazy option and created yet another super hero series.  

Gyp Rossetti stars in it too! 

• Like 3

Â