General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

£100,000 in a pension pot now is just over £6k per annum on a pension annuity 

So, you would need £400k as a minimum in your pot to live an ok retirement, noting you should be mortgage free etc

Plus state pension I assume, how much is that?

EDIT: about 5 grand I think currently

Edited by Genie

Isn't it meant to go up to a flat rate of about £150 per week from next year? Just over £7k per year. Also you have to factor in you'll be taxed on it all (assuming your work pension takes you over the threshold) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Plus state pension I assume, how much is that?

sorta OT I think the govt are building up to exclude people from state pensions at some point ... By allowing pension pots to be passed down at some point families will be able to acquire a considerable amount of family wealth .. it kinda makes sense when you think that Pensions are probably the governments biggest liability

so as I'm understanding the new regulation  , when my parents die they can  leave their pension to me and my brother ( they could leave it elsewhere but that wont work for my example :) )  ... I can take a lump sum via a 55% (I think)  tax payment or keep it as a regular pension payment (taxed at a lower rate)  , which I'd receive on top of my own pension (and state pension) ... when I die I then pass on what's left of my parents pension fund and my pension fund to my children  ...and so on and so on  ... clearly it could take a few years to accumulate these funds but then it would make sense to exclude people with xxxx in a fund from receiving the state pension 

Hmm.. it would seem as though my planned death (83, heart attack incuded by 23 year old giving me a sponge bath) could be brought forward a number of years..

new death plan; 65, starve/freeze to death on broad street because can't afford food/house/heating.

:( that's not going to be fun at all..

I aim to retire at 55, live in Bangkok and live like a king until a ) I have a heart attack, b ) my winky drops off or c ) a combination of both a & b

Seriously though, its worth not relying on a pension solely. If you can afford to invest in additional property then go for it. I want a second place by the time I'm 40 and a third by 45/50

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I aim to retire at 55, live in Bangkok and live like a king until a ) I have a heart attack, b ) my winky drops off or c ) a combination of both a & b

Seriously though, its worth not relying on a pension solely. If you can afford to invest in additional property then go for it. I want a second place by the time I'm 40 and a third by 45/50

You're not planning to have a wife and kids then? Its most likely gonna be extra properties or a family (unless you earn tonnes of cash)

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

You're not planning to have a wife and kids then? Its most likely gonna be extra properties or a family (unless you earn tonnes of cash)

At the age of 36 and having had no desire to have kids to this point, its probably unlikely, although things can obviously change. I've just never really felt the urge to have a family. I would like to meet someone special, of course, but if they wanted children and i didn't then its probably not going to work! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

£100,000 in a pension pot now is just over £6k per annum on a pension annuity 

So, you would need £400k as a minimum in your pot to live an ok retirement, noting you should be mortgage free etc

£400,000?!

Yeah for a £24k pension (unless my figures are wildly out!) 

You've got the state pension of course when you are eligible(68 for me!) so maybe £300k?! 

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah for a £24k pension (unless my figures are wildly out!) 

You've got the state pension of course when you are eligible(68 for me!) so maybe £300k?! 

it's roughly £6k per £100,000 so you are about there

as I said in a previous post ..great if you are mortgage free and what not , but chances are a lot of people wont be so £24k wont go very far ...

page 12 of the manual: troubleshooting

problem 1.0 will not release my cock from type 3000 sani vaj receptacle

solution - unit will need to be returned to manufacturer

I may have given this subject too much thought.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Do you, like most dislike that douche Jack Whitehall?  Yeah?  Well he boinks her regularly.

not entirely sure I know who Jack Whitehall is ..is he the posh bloke that does a show with his dad ?

Â