General Chat

Stevo985

Decided to come along to Solihull moors today for their fa cup game. Didn't realise that they had such an affiliation with SHA. Plenty of their tops around and only us and one little kid in a villa top. It doesn't matter if I can't outrun them, only that I'm faster than the kid.

Wish I'd bought some sanitising wipes!

• Like 1

Never really got the whole thing of not drinking means things are boring. Everyone can have fun without alcohol being involved, surely? I drink because I like the taste and somewhat for the social aspect, but I reckon I could give it up pretty easily if I wanted. I've never really craved an alcoholic drink. I'm not much of a drinker any ways.

Edited by Ginko

Never really got the whole thing of not drinking means things are boring. Everyone can have fun without alcohol being involved, surely? I drink because I like the taste and somewhat for the social aspect, but I reckon I could give it up pretty easily if I wanted. I've never really craved an alcoholic drink. I'm not much of a drinker any ways.

I tend to agree. I also drink because I like the taste. Getting (slightly) drunk is merely a nice side effect.

But that's why it was boring. My friends were drinking nice tasty beer (or wine, or whatever), and getting slightly drunk. And I was drinking pretty nasty soft drinks. Boring.

I tend to agree. I also drink because I like the taste. Getting (slightly) drunk is merely a nice side effect.

But that's why it was boring. My friends were drinking nice tasty beer (or wine, or whatever), and getting slightly drunk. And I was drinking pretty nasty soft drinks. Boring.

I haven't had a drink or drug for 25 years, as of last Wednesday (but who's counting?). Had to stop because -- not to be all American and awkwardly open and all lol -- I couldn't control myself.  It's been a great life ever since, but I don't mind when other people drink around me, as long as they don't try to get me to drink, in which case I'll just leave the party, etc.

Edited by Plastic Man
  • Like 1

I haven't had a drink or drug for 25 years, as of last Wednesday (but who's counting?). Had to stop because -- not to be all American and awkwardly open and all lol -- I couldn't control myself.  It's been a great life ever since, but I don't mind when other people drink around me, as long as they don't try to get me to drink, in which case I'll just leave the party, etc.

No one likes a quitter!

Alcohol for me is purely social. Meeting mates after work or a night out or a lunchtime meeting with clients... very rarely drink at home. When I do its an occasional single malt before bed or maybe a ice cold cider over ice in the summer. But would I sit there and routinely drink 8 cans of beer at home on my own? No chance. Mainly because I think it sounds a bit depressing. I'd rather drink tea or ribena at home! 

• Like 1

My dad organises 10k's and half marathons in the Midlands (some of you might have run them) and we had a team GB athlete start it today and hand out medals at the end. Had no idea who she was during it and was a bit amused when people were asking her for photos and stuff.

Meghan Beasley? 400m runner apparently.

• Like 1

Alcohol for me is purely social. Meeting mates after work or a night out or a lunchtime meeting with clients... very rarely drink at home. When I do its an occasional single malt before bed or maybe a ice cold cider over ice in the summer. But would I sit there and routinely drink 8 cans of beer at home on my own? No chance. Mainly because I think it sounds a bit depressing. I'd rather drink tea or ribena at home! 

I couldn't drink at lunch ruins the day 

Anyone ever used a company such as Hillary's about blind fittings? I got about 3-4 windows that need doing. Don't trust myself doing it.  :bang:

I used Hillary's for mine - had 5 in total.

The service was fine. No issues whatsoever. 

Anyone ever used a company such as Hillary's about blind fittings? I got about 3-4 windows that need doing. Don't trust myself doing it.  :bang:

I used Hillary's for mine - had 5 in total.

The service was fine. No issues whatsoever. 

How are they for price? Noticed they've got a half price sale on at the moment but not a cost in sight. I'd get somebody to come and measure too, not sure if you did the same? I'm guessing that would be extra..

I'll be honest I never really checked the price against the competition. I had a recommendation from 2 separate people and just rang them up.

You ring up, book an appointment for someone to come out and see you... they bring the samples etc and if you want to proceed, you order, they measure up and they come back when the blinds have been made and sized to the measurements. 

We just used one that's an American counterpart to the Hillary''s related Web Blinds (it's called JustBlinds), where you measure everything yourself. It worked really well, but they make it really easy because they will talk to you over the phone and walk you through every step of measuring, PLUS you could even send pictures of your room, windows, etc etc. Got $700 bespoke cellular blinds for just over $200! 

• Like 1

Reggae, whiskey and ironing, hello Sunday evening. Tomorrow should mark the start of 'normal business' again in the PR household after a few very challenging months including a family bereavement. One of those times in life where you think 'why the **** do I put myself through this every day?'. Never lose sight of what's important, friends, football, women/woman and beer.

And music.

• Like 2

Reggae, whiskey and ironing, hello Sunday evening. Tomorrow should mark the start of 'normal business' again in the PR household after a few very challenging months including a family bereavement. One of those times in life where you think 'why the **** do I put myself through this every day?'. Never lose sight of what's important, friends, football, women/woman and beer.

And music.

Ouch! I think I just heard a sigh from Bob Marley's mauseoleum. 

Â