The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Brian Wilson touring the UK (and the World) for the 50th anniversary of Pet Sounds. Playing the Sage up here, and Symphony Hall in Brum (among other dates). Tickets on sale Friday. I've always wanted to see a confused old man, singing along to a load of songs he forgot he wrote. May have to get a ticket, as long as there's absolutely no chance Mike Love is involved.

Saw him in 04 so I'm not fussed, already got 4 gigs for this year...although I saw Heart were playing SymphonyHall and I though **** it, hit the savings...but it's already sold out

took my eye off the ball and missed out on ritchie blackmore tickets at LG arena. they sold out in 30 mins and they are going for ridiculous prices, with the cheapest ive found being 200 quid right at the back of the arena. near the front your paying between 600 and over 1000k for one ticket which has surprised me because although its big news that ritchie is returning to rock n roll for a short time but im surprised how high the demand is. i paid 400 for two tickets to see fleetwood mac and we was right at the front. whats doing my head in is that its advertised a night with blackmore doing purple and rainbow classics,but with musicians who have no history with either band so its basically a tribute band. thing is hes probably my favourite guitarist along with page so im wounded.

On 30/01/2016 at 00:33, dAVe80 said:

Yeah this is number 4 for me also, Lee Scratch Perry, Father John Misty, Brian Wilson & Neil Young. I'm sure I'll have a few in between too. 

I think I've bottled out of the Scratch gig at Brixton.

Went to buy tickets yesterday evening and they had a bit more info posted up, I'd known it was a late start, doors at 10:30pm but hadn't appreciated until yesterday that it went through until 6:00am.

I don't think I'm up to that at the moment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think I've bottled out of the Scratch gig at Brixton.

Went to buy tickets yesterday evening and they had a bit more info posted up, I'd known it was a late start, doors at 10:30pm but hadn't appreciated until yesterday that it went through until 6:00am.

I don't think I'm up to that at the moment.

Bang a load of fet into you, you'll be reet! ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

not a big fan of greek cheese to be honest

Have you noticed a couple of SFA gigs popping up? I shall be all over them if they get within range.

Yeah, I see they're headlineing a festival near Solihull too. Looks quite a decent line up. If I could be arsed with camping festivals anymore, I might have been tempted.

Well I think me and the missus were the youngest in the room by a clear ten years at the Rick Wakeman one man show :)

He was hilarious of course and can tinkle the ivories just a bit. Met him afterwards and he signed the two albums I just happened to take with me ;)

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Well I think me and the missus were the youngest in the room by a clear ten years at the Rick Wakeman one man show :)

He was hilarious of course and can tinkle the ivories just a bit. Met him afterwards and he signed the two albums I just happened to take with me ;)

my favourite album with him on is sabbath bloody sabbath ;)

been offered a free ticket for slipknot tonight in brum. brother in laws missus is ill so hes asked me along, no thanks :)

Â