The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

The cure touring next year

the blurb said they've been going for 37 years now.... **** I suddenly feel old 

saw them around 1990 I guess it was , looking forward to seeing them again

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The cure touring next year

the blurb said they've been going for 37 years now.... **** I suddenly feel old 

saw them around 1990 I guess it was , looking forward to seeing them again

I'd consider going to see them (as I never have before), but whe I clicked on a link to see where they were playing, and saw they were only playing two UK venues (Moonchester and that London), and both at arenas. As such, I'm out.

Saw the cure in 1990 or thereabouts, they were excellent.

Only 2 more gigs left of this year, both rockabilly, one in nottingham on the 12th, Jack and The Real Deals and the last is on the 27th, The Neutronz in Stafford.

Tickets booked for Explosions in the Sky at Bristol next year.

Never seen them before and by all accounts they are absolutely stunning live, so i'm already looking forward to that one :)

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Ronnie Spector at the Sage this evening. Love The Ronettes, so was hoping she'd still got that voice. Not quite what it was (but then she is 72!), but still unmistakable, and brilliant. Showing old pictures and video on the big screen, you're reminded of what an absolute fox she was back in the day. 

9 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Ronnie Spector at the Sage this evening. Love The Ronettes, so was hoping she'd still got that voice. Not quite what it was (but then she is 72!), but still unmistakable, and brilliant. Showing old pictures and video on the big screen, you're reminded of what an absolute fox she was back in the day. 

Only last week I was talking of Ronnie Spector and her total foxness, Mary Weiss of The Shangrilas was better though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Only last week I was talking of Ronnie Spector and her total foxness, Mary Weiss of The Shangrilas was better though.

Fair do. When I get my time machine, you can have Mary, and I'll have Ronnie.

• Like 2

Booked my tickets for Dierks Bentley in Manchester next year, but see that Lee Scratch Perry is playing a london date, he is in no way up my street but I know a fair few people on here like him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Slayer headlining Bloodstock next year.

On my birthday.

looks like my day is sorted :)

just looked it up and Mastodon are there too. was only looking the other day to see if they had any up coming gigs. im going download for two nights in june so might fit that in too.

Just bought Mrs H tickets to see Iron Maiden in Sopron next year as a surprise Christmas present  ... She's been desperate to see them for some time 

a drawback / advantage of her having 2 brothers who grow up on heavy metal I guess 

Lee Scratch Perry Secret Laboratory Studio burns down

“Something very very sad happened. I forgot to [put] out a candle and my whole secret laboratory burned out,” he wrote on Facebook, “My whole life collections, arts, my magic hats, my magic boots, all my crazy show outfits and costumes: king, pope, general, magician… All my electronics and studio equipment and my magic mic, books, musik, CDs… Everything gone!!!!”

He does have a little bit of form here. He deliberately burned down Black Arc Studio back in the day. Also, the last time I saw him, he accidentally set fire to his microphone and tossed it, still alight, back stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this count as a gig? Essentially, it's a couple of hundred balding overweight middle aged white guys looking at each others junk.

HiFi Wigwam 2016

From classic to modern, from computer source to vinyl, from home made to high end, and from budget to no expense spared - almost every possible way to reproduce music can be heard here, using almost every make, past and present. 'Amateur' systems? Yes, but they are some of the very best you will ever hear, put together with no commercial restraints and often with no compromises.

What's more, unlike most commercial hi-fi shows, you are more than welcome to bring your own music... and hear it like you've never heard it before!

t10.jpg t8.jpg

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have tickets for Neil Young! emoji69.png

At Leeds Arena? I thought they didn't go on sale until tomorrow morning?! I'll be trying to get some. How much where they, by the way? 

I have tickets for Neil Young! [emoji69]

At Leeds Arena? I thought they didn't go on sale until tomorrow morning?! I'll be trying to get some. How much where they, by the way? 

£73.25 (including booking fee). Officially on sale to Joe Public from 9.00 am tomorrow, but there are the usual 'priority exclusive pre-sales' to be had if you know where to go. PM me your email.

Â