The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 01/02/2016 at 16:52, HanoiVillan said:

That's one of my three favourite movies. 

I love literally everything about it, the music, the acting, the energy, the setting, everything. Plus Franka is super fit in it. 

df69fa7ef5bbf4b684ed31b34310a216.jpg

It was probably the first film I genuinely loved

I love it too. It has a great tempo

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I thought Garfield was pretty good in that, too.

Yes I thought he carried the whole film. Great actor.

The bit where he's drunk outside the party, he looked absolutely cabbaged. They must use eye drops or something.

Edited by coda
  • Like 1

Someone mentioned The Replacements  the other day in this thread and it happened to be on the other night so I recorded it and just watched it

yeah it's typical sugar coated Hollywood stuff and as predictable as it comes but I genuinely found myself smiling like an idiot by the end and not just because of the cheerleaders 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Someone mentioned The Replacements  the other day in this thread and it happened to be on the other night so I recorded it and just watched it

yeah it's typical sugar coated Hollywood stuff and as predictable as it comes but I genuinely found myself smiling like an idiot by the end and not just because of the cheerleaders 

The "underdogs pull off a miracle" theme has been done a million times, but The Replacements is definitely one of the better ones . 

You always know what's coming but they do it brilliantly and the cast is fantastic.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2016 at 23:04, Zatman said:

Spotlight is really good film and really shows the darkness of the Catholic Church

Totally agree, great film, terrible terrible behaviour from the catholic church in mounting a huge cover up

On 02/02/2016 at 17:26, theboyangel said:

Knock Knock with Keanu Reaves - whilst an interesting concept (and definitely has tits that would appeal to the masses on here) it didn't quite hit the mark.

Still, a fairly good effort.

Wanted to !ike Knock Knock, some very good looking ladies in states of undress too, just felt a bit  meh.

Edited by mykeyb
Spelling
  • Like 1

catchmedaddysite1569_1.jpg

Incredibly powerful British drama from first time Director Daniel Wolfe about a young Pakistani girl who goes on the run with her boyfriend and the fallout it causes.

Highly recommended :thumb:

Just back from The Revenant. Not bad, but was expecting better. Thought Hardy outperformed Di Caprio.

Spoiler

Obviously it is far fetched, but when the Indians were firing arrows at Di Caprio in the river and on horseback, there is no way they would've missed.

On 1/29/2016 at 13:35, Straggler said:

Saw Hateful 8.  Thought it was dross.  I know you are not supposed to like the characters (which I didn't), but I didn't believe in any of them either.  Whilst I know that QT is a massive movie geek and has done some interesting technical things, I spent large parts of the movie bored.  When the shooting started it was cartoon like and I felt like much of the writing was childish.  There was little or no drama, no suspense (as I didn't give a crap who survived), very little humor, and I didn't think it was cool.

I liked Reservoir dogs, Pulp fiction and Jackie Brown, but this just didn't draw me in.

i thought it was really good and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good performances from all of the characters.

Although i can understand why some people would not like it.

5 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

You're welcome.

It's great isn't it? The scene in the room with the main couple and the two friends talking about the 'incident' blew me away.

Â