The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

I imagine he be sacked now in midweek, was even going to back them today as Betis are woeful and are worst form team in last 15 games in Spain before today. he has lost the fans and I imagine the dressing room

I watch their games and they barely show anything for about 80 minutes and only liven up at the end.

Today with 10 men they created more than with 11, had a goal disallowed that on another day would've been allowed and Rodrigo had a chance saved at the end.

They are playing like us really, so tentative at the start and only liven up once they go behind, all the hallmarks of a struggling team despite some of the names you see in their 11.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Ronaldo looks really slow now!  They may cash in on him while they still can. Modric is class though

He is in no way slow. SlowER maybe :) 

But yeah when I watched them last week it was Modric and Isco that ran that team. Isco especially.

And even though Ronaldo was very good, he actually really annoyed me, as did the crowd's attitude towards him.

Sorry yes Granada. Some crap games in la iiga too though. Bilbao vs Villareal was awful. The only real issue i have with La Liga is the amount of cheating that goes on by the players, faking injury and stuff.

Edited by PaulC

There was some crazy stat about a Barca player never having won POTM, until someone managed it last season or early this.  I can only imagine it's because it's hard to pick one out of the group.  But yeah, mental altogether.

And that Valencia kid who went viral a few days ago for the seemingly-atrocious dive against Celtic in the youth cup will be out for 6 months with a cruciate injury.  He's only getting a partial apology from me though.  He still allowed the referee to give the free and never tried to stick up for the opponent by stating that it was not a foul.  So he's still an opportunistic cheat.  Enjoy your injury :thumb:

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

There was some crazy stat about a Barca player never having won POTM, until someone managed it last season or early this.  I can only imagine it's because it's hard to pick one out of the group.  But yeah, mental altogether.

Really?? That sounds hard to believe doesn't it.

Â