UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

I see Emelianenko won on his comeback in Rizin.  As did debutant and ex-ozeki (champion) rikishi (wrestler) Kaido "Baruto" Hoovelson.  Too often, the "sumo" guys who enter MMA/UFC etc are useless rikishi who never amounted to anything in sumo and who just give the sport a bad name when they go somewhere else and get battered.  Hoovelson is not that.  He was in the 2nd highest rank in sumo, just below yokozuna, when he got badly injured.  He may have been on course to eventually become a yokozuna, but he had to retire.  Hopefully now that he's back and healthy, he'll be able to mix it here and give a good account of himself and sumo.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, V01 said:

I missed his fight, I heard he tried to be flash got caught out.

He tried some flashy hook kick, completely **** up, and Barberena took him down and then somehow made him submit with an arm triangle that wasn't really an arm triangle, or anything really. Bizarre tap, he really did just give up.

Very humbling for the kid. He lost to real caveman and there are plenty of them in the UFC. He also looked horrible off his back, very white belt-ish. Ah well, 19 years old and plenty of time to work on the game. But the hype-train is rather...

trainwreck.jpg

And Rumble is such a baaaaaaaaad man.

On 31/01/2016 at 20:22, Chindie said:

He tried some flashy hook kick, completely **** up, and Barberena took him down and then somehow made him submit with an arm triangle that wasn't really an arm triangle, or anything really. Bizarre tap, he really did just give up.

You can have all the skills in the world but if you dont have the heart you are going nowhere!

9 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Wonderboy completely destroys Hendricks - get in!:D

Whatever he summoned after the Matt Brown fight, is certainly worked. Holy cow

Baruto now wants Fedor in RIZIN.

"We would like Baruto to return to the ring in April, Sakakibara told Tass.ru. "He has great potential and if we talk about the near future, he may even become an opponent of Fedor. When I talked with Baruto, he said that he would like to enter the ring against Fedor."

Fedor countered that with a kimura didn't he?

What a shame, what was the cause of death? I remember years ago he failed a drugs test after submitting a fake urine sample, which he blamed on surgeries and the effects of fighting on his body, and I think he had kidney problems too?

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Fedor countered that with a kimura didn't he?

Yep, sneaky bastard :)

1 hour ago, hogso said:

What a shame, what was the cause of death? I remember years ago he failed a drugs test after submitting a fake urine sample, which he blamed on surgeries and the effects of fighting on his body, and I think he had kidney problems too?

" Kevin became ill & un-exectedly passed due to complications from pneumonia" From his family statement. But yeah, he didn't go through his career totally clean so that is bound to have an effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at 189 and 194, but a I'm a bit burnt out, so I decided off going to this as 3rd event in 9 months... thank foook, more juiced up Brazilian bs.

Bisping should have a good shot at Silva, gonna be a fun fight.

Edited by villakram

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Dos Anjos injured. McGregor fight is off.

Anyone going to the O2 this weekend to see Andy GOAT?

McGregor has had 8 fights scheduled in the UFC, and 4 have had opponents pull out now.

That's ridiculous.

Its getting more and more common for fights to get bumped or pulled at the last minute in the UFC, it's getting silly.

Â