Favourite Animals

chrisp65

19 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

cute but would rip you to bits.

I think I could take a panda cub in a fight.

They struggle to summon up the energy to move

On 13/02/2016 at 11:06, useless said:

I revisited that post myself recently and I was surprised it only got about 14 likes, or whatever it was. I didn't even think it was that funny at the time. It's one of my few attempts at being funny where I haven't just copied it from somewhere else.

I think it's the cleverest post ever written on VT

Axolotl (now feared extinct)

axolotl.jpg

Orca, truly awesome creature.

orca3.jpg

Hippo.  Best fart ever.

Shout out to the fastest animal on the planet.  The peregrine falcon.

peregrine-dive-o.gif

The total and utter badass that is the honey badger (he's the small one :P)

235CD04600000578-0-image-8_1416581057288

And the legendary esquilax.  A horse with the head of a rabbit and the body of a rabbit. 

BmQEv3NIAAE8J55.jpg

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

expensive coffee!

It would be more cost effective to buy your own civet. Like a living breathing coffee percolator. 

The Mantis Shrimp as it is the Bruce Lee of the animal world.

"These creatures are sometimes referred to as “thumb splitters” because their claws are strong enough to split human appendages. These highly intelligent creatures are often monogamous and they get to know and regularly interact with their neighbors. The mantis shrimp also has the best eyesight in the animal world with 16 different photoreceptor types (compared to four in humans). But – what really makes these creatures badass is their ability to break out of aquariums by smashing the glass with their claws. It has a punch stronger than a .22 calibre pistol."

Or the Immortal Jellyfish.

"The immortal jellyfish (turritopsis nutricula) has to be item one on this list because of the fact that it is immortal. That isn’t hyperbole – it really is immortal. After reaching sexual maturity, this jellyfish is able to reverse its aging process and become a polyp again. The ability to reverse the life cycle is probably unique in the animal kingdom, and allows the jellyfish to bypass death, rendering the Turritopsis nutricula biologically immortal. Lab tests showed that 100% of specimens reverted to the polyp stage."

My friend has axilotl's so they're not extinct, I can tell you that much, although one of them did die the other day ( well put down, vet costs would have been 4 figures which was just a no-goer )

they are slightly mad to look at swimming around though

On 2/13/2016 at 11:52, villa4europe said:

Anyone done a shark cage? I can't convince the missus to do South Africa and I think the real big bastards off Mexico are a 2 day trip, it's probably no1 on my bucket list

Iv done one in S.A.

it was good but the sharks obviously knew the story, they could turn up and get a snack or 2. Meant they were very (too) docile. There was nothing scary at all about the scenario, as it was more just a big fish swimming past.

Dont get me wrong, i dont regret going, but as a bit of an adrenaline junkie, it was all abit too similar to an aquarium for me.

I ran with the bull in Pamplona around the same time, which was awesome.

Edited by zak
sharing more about my personality
  • Like 1

I was drifting along on a low slow boat when I dropped my arm in to the water to see the ripples and cool down a bit.

A flying fish shot out of the water and skimmed the surface in a silvery flash.

**** **** **** see the youtube Hippo video above for my reaction. 

Later on the same day trip I got stuck underneath a glass bottomed boat full of Germans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I was drifting along on a low slow boat when I dropped my arm in to the water to see the ripples and cool down a bit.

A flying fish shot out of the water and skimmed the surface in a silvery flash.

**** **** **** see the youtube Hippo video above for my reaction. 

I saw flying fish off the Greek Ionian islands and was really suprised and impressed by how far they can go. Incredible creatures.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rodders said:

My friend has axilotl's so they're not extinct, I can tell you that much, although one of them did die the other day ( well put down, vet costs would have been 4 figures which was just a no-goer )

they are slightly mad to look at swimming around though

Maybe it was feared extinct in the wild.  I see they're listed as critically endangered with a decreasing population, so it won't be long now.

Seems a group of beach goers had a close encounter with a dolphin that resulted in them all taking selfies with it during which the dolphin died 

it's not clear if the dolphin was already dying ( hence why it was near people in the first place ) but what a bunch of dumb **** words removed , I hope they all get bummed  by a giant dolphin in the afterlife 

Â