Chinese football

Villaphan04

Thought It deserved its own topic after the recent big money spending. Apparently another team is willing to spend 100 million euros on Turan, a guy who has not played in competitive league football for about half a year or so. 

Arda Turan could be the next player who joins Chinese football over the last month, although he's happy at Barcelona.

The agency sports.sohu claim that Beijing Guoan are ready to pay 100 million euros to the Turkish international over the course of five seasons. Arda’s international team-mate Burak Yilmaz is already at the club. 

Clubs in China can sign players up until February 26 and a day does not pass without clubs being linked with some of Europe’s biggest players. With regards to Arda, the news in the Far East says Beijing’s interest has now been translated to Barcelona and they are waiting to see if the Catalan club are prepared to negotiate. 

The news has had a great impact in Turkey, even though the majority of the media there understand it’s an operation which is unlikely to get off the ground. Arda, who waited six months to play for Barça, has already expressed his happiness at the club and his desire to complete the contract he signed last summer. 

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/beijing-guoan-make-ambitious-move-for-arda-turan-4883249

there was one about payet for £40m this morning too

the media will love it, if they could make up bullshit before then this will give them even more artistic license, team you've never heard of but have been told they have unlimited funds wants a player you have heard of, wait until agents get hold of it and use it to inflate the market again

fwiw china could probably get a league going if they wanted, them spending big isnt new, that argie bloke has been in the top 10 paid players in world football for about 5 years now, they're just threatening to replace the middle east and russia

On 2/9/2016 at 07:32, Zatman said:

yeah i dont see the problem China paying these big fees. Is it any worse than John Stones or Raheem Sterling for 50million?

i just dont want the best league in the world to be the chinese league in 12 years. My kids growing up supporting Shanghai Pirates or whatever their called. 

So with all that money to spend why don't they buy Villa and have a team in the most popular league in the world (ok maybe not next year!) 

There has to be some minted Chinese consortium that can see the potential.

They can use the Villa brand on a team in their own league too.

I take it communism went out the window over there then?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KSV said:

i just dont want the best league in the world to be the chinese league in 12 years. My kids growing up supporting Shanghai Pirates or whatever their called. 

whats difference than your kid supporting Chelsea, Man City or Red Bull Leipzig

• Like 2

This could get quite interesting for International football I reckon.

Last Brazil squad had a couple of players already with Chinese clubs and I'm sure more will follow in the next year or two, not elite ones like Neymar but more of the second tier players.

Problem is of course Chinese league is nowhere near the standard of what's on offer in europe so the players intensity levels will drop from the poorer quality even if the bank balance goes up a fair bit so that will impact on a few national teams I reckon.

Just clicked on "Other Football" on VT and the Chinese Football thread was right above the Football Betting thread. Seemed pretty apt - I imagine the league in China filled with footballing mercenaries is ripe for some dodgy betting syndicate action.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I imagine the league in China filled with footballing mercenaries is ripe for some dodgy betting syndicate action.

Not like the Premier League (or any other for that matter) where the players are only there for the sporting achievement and Corinthian values?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Chinese league is going to be full of mercenary type players whose primary goal is to earn as much money as possible rather than test themselves in a tough league. 

I can understand players at the end of their careers going there but players in their mid twenties? They are basically retiring from competitive football

• Like 3

Â