New Premier League Logo

sexbelowsound

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

As with all these things, why did they need to change it?

They're dropping the sponsorship next year I think.

The reason was supposedly to make the brand "Cleaner" like the NFL or NBA. No sponsorship, just a clear identity.

I imagine a new logo was a huge part of that.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They're dropping the sponsorship next year I think.

The reason was supposedly to make the brand "Cleaner" like the NFL or NBA. No sponsorship, just a clear identity.

I imagine a new logo was a huge part of that.

Thanks, I didn't know they were dropping sponsorship. 

23 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Shit logo, shit product, shit league, I hope it **** collapses one day soon.

I like your thinking, in an ideal world we'll be top of the Championship next April/May and then the Premier League goes under meaning that the Championship is the only recognised top division in the country.......ergo, Aston Villa are once again Champions of England.

You sir, are a genius.

People talk about how great football was before the premier league. From 1978 to 1991 only 4 teams won the league - Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Aston Villa. One of those only once. Liverpool 8 times, 10 times stretching back to 1975.

4 winners over the last 16 years too. Smaller clubs like Leicester have ask always only very occasionally won the league and people have been talking about football eating itself for decades. If it's not the hooligans it's the money...

The horse has already bolted to a degree, rather than try and restrict it the league needs to go with it. Forget FFP and potential wage caps, allow the free market to flourish.

Wider point made, I like the logo. It's clean, fresh. Good work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

People talk about how great football was before the premier league. From 1978 to 1991 only 4 teams won the league - Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Aston Villa. One of those only once. Liverpool 8 times, 10 times stretching back to 1975.

4 winners over the last 16 years too. Smaller clubs like Leicester have ask always only very occasionally won the league and people have been talking about football eating itself for decades. If it's not the hooligans it's the money...

The horse has already bolted to a degree, rather than try and restrict it the league needs to go with it. Forget FFP and potential wage caps, allow the free market to flourish.

Wider point made, I like the logo. It's clean, fresh. Good work.

my Dad used to say that its no different than before except Liverpool used to take best players available when in their pomp and kill any competition they might have

Â