What do we do about it?

Richard

We do nothing because if you show the slightest bit of anger or frustration, other fans criticise you for it.

Okay, some of us have gone too far in our comments on certain individuals admittedly, but there's a distinct lack of passion and fire from several fans never mind the team.....

Pull the plug on the money in to the club. That's all we can do now.  This will do us no favors in getting a new owner long term but we have nothing left.

If no one shows up, we take the money away from him but more importantly it gets coverage.  Get the papers on board and dont bother reporting on the games or news. Just have half the back of the evening mail blank.  This no Villa team, it cant play worse. Don't feel bad,  think of it like Lerner has taken hostage of a member of your family (which in reality is what he has done),  giving him money is the same as getting the hostage taker some food and water. 

I don't know the numbers but if someone could maybe give it a go,  if people know what we are taking from him the enthusiasm for this could be increased.

Calling him names on the internet is not going to hurt him that much.

get a poll and join with paper so its in the news.  X amount of villa fans are not going until Z happens. 

1. Define your objective...the board, as Lerner is too far away and dosent give a shit anyway.
  2. Get Collymore on board, he will make it very public.
  3. Withold money ( as in buy as little as possable ) protest with banners,walk outs,chants.

The bottom line is "we are the voice" make it loud,make it clear.

Edited by limpid
used the "list" button in the editor
  • Like 1

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.  For a number of reasons

1. The fan base is totally apathetic. It was an embarrassment at Anfield a couple of weeks ago as I realised that we do not care about our club and what it is doing to us.  We would never ever do or be organised to do what they did
  2. The owner of this organisation and his management and departmental heads do not gice one shit about us
  3. Whatever we do will not impact them at all  because even though we do not care we care 1000% more than they do

Pack up and forget it we are ****.

Edited by limpid
used the "list" button in the editor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard said:

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.  For a number of reasons

1. The fan base is totally apathetic. It was an embarrassment at Anfield a couple of weeks ago as I realised that we do not care about our club and what it is doing to us.  We would never ever do or be organised to do what they did
  2. The owner of this organisation and his management and departmental heads do not gice one shit about us
  3. Whatever we do will not impact them at all  because even though we do not care we care 1000% more than they do

Pack up and forget it we are ****.

Totally see your point.  The distance to get back to anything worthwhile is to great a distance now, this coupled with the permanent loss of great segments of a pretty loyal fan base means we are finished.

CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE

The last refuge of the downtrodden with no real weapon and a poorly motivated population......

Anyone fancy a 'limp out'. Yes it will serve no purpose but it will annoy them !At the End (or maybe half way through !) just limp slowly away.......it could take an hour to empty the Holte, for example, and if you've a limp they can't do 'owt.I know, coz after the Man City game, when a combination of abject misery and a bad back slowed me to a standstill, they just had to wait.  They were having their debrief by the time I got out.  HA !..showed 'em.

Or the old, "12 pints of lager please", then walk off, etc

Just fed up and thinking of ideas that release a little of the anger..................

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 20:20, VillaChris said:

It was more about making the matchday experience that uncomfortable for Tom Fox and Hollis (non-violent of course) that before too long they'd get on the blower to Lerner and urge him to swiftly end the misery for everyone.

A well placed seat for the next game and a stink bomb or 2 should do that ?

How about a pitch invasion ? that got the media attention last year.

I mean a peaceful invasion.When the 2 teams are shaking hands at the beginning of the game.Supporters walk onto the pitch and show banners declaring what we think of the board.Something like "betrayed by the board" or "back the manager or lose the fans"

What do you think ?

Â