What do we do about it?

Richard

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Not sure paying 35 quid into his pocket and holding up a banner is the way forward.

It was more about making the matchday experience that uncomfortable for Tom Fox and Hollis (non-violent of course) that before too long they'd get on the blower to Lerner and urge him to swiftly end the misery for everyone.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

It was more about making the matchday experience that uncomfortable for Tom Fox and Hollis (non-violent of course) that before too long they'd get on the blower to Lerner and urge him to swiftly end the misery for everyone.

Again, I'm a bit lost as to why that we would make them uncomfortable. If it did, they'd be pretty weak minded ppl who would struggle in my job and many other jobs in the real world.

It's a bit like when I used to dj. Some pissed up arsehole saying your shit. Yet 2 minutes later he's raving on the dance floor. 

If you really want to make them uncomfortable, don't go. If you do go because you would rather go then that's fine. But you're not as pissed off and upset with what's occurring as you are making out. 

Eh, you must've read all the stories of football managers when they've been under pressure advising their families not to go and hear the abuse so you'd have to be very thick skinned to sit through 8 more home games this season when Villa Park is probably going to be in mutiny as relegation nears. Maybe you're right but look across and a very successful businessman like Steve Morgan at Wolves has put them up for sale after fan abuse so that's one example:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2015/10/07/abuse-from-fans-cited-for-wolves-sale/

As we all saw the players got hammered by the fans after the Wycombe game. Before that they were playing like zombies and going down without a fight. At least since then they've bucked their differences a bit and we've had some respectable performances and results since. I do think it can might a difference rather than the apathy we get at home games.

Boycott, I actually did that a few seasons back, after we lost 1-4 at home to Stoke around March I was so disillusioned about where we were going under Lamber I didn't bother going to the final 4 home games but 30k + still did and Lambert kept his job so unless it's a widespread boycott it dosen't work.

Just said in Remi thread.........as he has made his conditions clear, and Hollis has said he won't sack him, I think we have totry to  prevent the Board avoiding sacking him but him walking. In other words, (banner, questions, phone ins, emails, whatever) "You wont sack him, will you back him ?".  At such a point as they do back him, he will say so.  Until he says so, we can assume they have not done so, and that  we could lose him, and that the reason will be another Manager  thinks the Board are not doing enough to get promoted.

They could clear it up now couldn't they ? Its Hollis and King who have said "too much change".....therefore journos or whoever should put the simple question......."You don't want him to go, he will only go if he isn't properly backed, can you therefore confirm you are/will be/ have been speaking to him to confirm he will get what he wants ?" 

He is really doing an advanced MON, but giving us all time to see what could happen.

As weird as it is, copying Liverpool might be an idea. 

Only because walkout is far more likely to succeed than a boycott or not turning up for the start of the game.

If you try and boycott, people will still go. If you try to not turn up then people will still turn up.

But if you walk out, if there's enough people, then people are much more likely to follow suit. They've seen some of the game so won't feel like they've wasted (as much) money. And there will be a hell of a lot more peer pressure to do the same as everyone else.

I'm not sure I'd agree with it as it would be detrimental to the players/manager and we should be behind them. but people looking for protests that might actually work (and by work I mean people will actually join in rather than it just being 4 blokes in the car park with a bed sheet)could do worse.

7 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I question the sanity of anyone who still attends games at this point.

Seriously. Give that money to charity instead or spend it on a nice lunch. Anything else.

Start a charity for veteran marines who actually did fight like marines and give all the money to that?

As weird as it is, copying Liverpool might be an idea. 

Only because walkout is far more likely to succeed than a boycott or not turning up for the start of the game.

If you try and boycott, people will still go. If you try to not turn up then people will still turn up.

But if you walk out, if there's enough people, then people are much more likely to follow suit. They've seen some of the game so won't feel like they've wasted (as much) money. And there will be a hell of a lot more peer pressure to do the same as everyone else.

I'm not sure I'd agree with it as it would be detrimental to the players/manager and we should be behind them. but people looking for protests that might actually work (and by work I mean people will actually join in rather than it just being 4 blokes in the car park with a bed sheet)could do worse.

Detrimental to the players! PMSL. How could it be any worse than losing 6-0??

Â