How Much Do You Drink?

maqroll

How Much Do You Drink?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Alcoholic Beverages Do You Consume in an Average Week?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • Over 40
    • NONE

booze yeah?

I do drink, but it's a bit sporadic. During November, my drinking would have been something very close to this (though I didn't keep records)

Week 1 - 0 units - nothing at all. 

Week 2 - 4 units - maybe a single glass of wine Saturday, another Sunday, home, remainder poured away down sink mid week.

Week 3 - 25 / 30 units - one midweek bottle of cider, Saturday a couple of decent sized whiskies at home, 4 pints of lager in an hour, large brandy, large whiskey at a gig venue.

Week 4 - 4 units - one glass of wine, one bottle of poncey designer lager beer, home.

------

Nothing so far this Monday & Tuesday, probably nothing through until Friday. Welsh Cup home game Saturday, clubhouse open, I'll be drinking.

Typical week:

Monday - two pints of ale in the pub

Tuesday - one or two bottles of beer OR half a bottle of wine with evening meal

Wednesday - as Tuesday

Thursday - as Tuesday

Friday - half a bottle of wine with evening meal, possibly a large Scotch or brandy as nightcap

Saturday - as Friday

Sunday - possible Scotch or sherry as aperitif, half a bottle of wine with dinner, probably a brandy to follow

• Like 1

I voted 6-10, as when I drink (normally a Saturday evening-occasional Thursday evening), that's the number of pints/shorts I'm likely to drink on a given night. I'll normally have at least one full week off a month though.

For instance, I was dry between 8th and 25th of November. But a stag do in which I basically lived on and fell in love with Murphy's put paid to that.

Across an average month, maybe anything between 15-30 alcoholic drinks.

Most weeks, it's just a weekend. Lately, just on a Friday. Normally around the 10 pint mark. Other weeks Friday and Saturday. In the week, very rarely. 

All depends really. This week for instance, I was at a gig yesterday and drank 4 pints. Tonight I've been to a music quiz, and drank 5 pints. I'll defo be out on Friday night, and that'll probably be around the 10 pint mark. If I go out on Saturday, it'll be about the same, maybe more. 

Drink isn't a problem for me, I can take it or leave it. I do enjoy a good sup, and can drink with the best of them, when I feel like it. All depends on the circumstances really.

Monday-Wednesday. Zero. 

Thursday a large whiskey followed by a bottle of wine. 

Friday, a couple of beers followed by a bottle and half to 2 bottles of wine. 

Saturday, a couple of beers followed by a bottle and half to 2 bottles of wine.

Sunday. A beer followed by a bottle of wine. 

ive not got a particular pattern as some weeks i'll drink quite a bit,especially at weekends then other weeks i'll hardly drink if at all. never touched a drop last week and so far this week i haven't but im popping out straight from work friday for a few hours so i'll have a good drink then and will continue drinking when i get in about half 7. last time i had a drink i had 9 cans of kronenbourg.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I don't drink much. 

Sometimes I'll have a whiskey on a week night, but that's maybe once every couple of months.  I've got about 6 bottles of unopened whiskey.

If I go out to drink (such as the pub crawl last week), then I'll have a drink in every pub we go to, I think it was probably about 8 pints throughout the day (inc a couple of margaritas).

I might occasionally have a glass of wine with dinner on a weekend, but I can't remember when I last did that.

I probably drink more prosecco/champagne for occasions than I do wine.  Me and the Mrs had a bottle of prosecco when the Bake Off programme was on.

Beer, when I'm out in a pub I'll have a couple, if I'm not driving.

I dunno, I'm very irregular when it comes to drinking.  It doesn't bother me not drinking in the slightest, but if I go out for a pub crawl (about 2/3 times a year), then I'll drink quite a lot (for me).

Edited by lapal_fan

lately I#ve been generally good at keeping it to a couple of glasses of wine during the week and maybe a beer / guinness at the weekend, vastly reduced levels. The odd bit of whiskey. I've kept one bottle going since June! Last year I could get through a bottle of single malt or bourbon a week.

Until this week, and I suspect December won't be a great month - 4 beverages on sat, 5 last night, at least a couple more this evening.

I'm a binge drinker , I'll go months and months without a drop and then when I do go out it becomes a huge session  .. If I go out with my mates for a beer and curry and it's likely to end at 23:00 - 23:30 then I'd rather not drink ..it's 4am or nothing  !! (or an all day session )

Think my last drink was back in September , next one is planned for Dec 12th   .. haven't got anything planned for 2016 yet but never say never

This is one of those where the poll asks a different question than the top post does.

Poll is asking for your average week.  Post is asking how much you drink when you do go out drinking.

Most of the time between 1-5 a week, maybe 5-10 if I go out drinking, but that's rarely more than once a month now.

I did go through a period of having 5-6 bottles of fairly strong ale a night, at home, alone, in the dark, probably 10-15 a day at the weekend. It's kind of scary how quickly it went from 1 or 2 with dinner, to not being able to sleep without having had a few drinks. then about 6 months of being tee total, before I decided that was boring as **** and self control couldn't be that hard.

Typically a couple of bottles to ease the pain when Villa are playing, and maybe 2-3 over dinner with a film on a Friday or Saturday night.

I drink so rarely these days. I can go weeks or even months without having a drink. I rarely have anything in the house (actually, that's not true - I have a full wine-rack and a few expensive spirits but nothing I would consider opening "just because").

Very occasionally, if I'm doing a big shop, I might pick up a few bottles of beer but they'll be gone within a couple of days. Can't remember the last time I did this though.

I really don't go out drinking these days either. Nine times out of ten, I'd rather drive than have a drink. I'm at that point in life where all my friends are married with kids and nobody goes out for a session anyway. 

I'd say more months than not, my intake would be zero but every once in a while it'll be a few drinks here and there.