Derby's 11 point record

Arj Guy

That Derby team was hopeless, comfortably the worst I've ever seen at this level so sad we're now being bracketed with teams like them.

Suppose the only difference is bar Everton we're not being hammered. That Derby team lost 6-0 at home to us, 5-0 at home to West Ham, 6-0 at Arsenal and Liverpool etc. They finished I believe with -69 goal difference.

Guess there's still time to have a crack at that.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think we will go on a great run at some point in the season, go WWLWLWWD or something. But that will just drag us up to 34 points and it will be too little too late.

34 points would see us safe for me. I just have difficulty in seeing us go on anything like a run like that one. :(

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

That Derby team was hopeless, comfortably the worst I've ever seen at this level so sad we're now being bracketed with teams like them.

Suppose the only difference is bar Everton we're not being hammered. That Derby team lost 6-0 at home to us, 5-0 at home to West Ham, 6-0 at Arsenal and Liverpool etc. They finished I believe with -69 goal difference.

Guess there's still time to have a crack at that.

Jay McEveley! I'd forgotten about him. They really were shit, I really do believe we have just a little bit more to us. Look at Stoke today - good team, just didn't turn up, had a rotten game. There will be two or three teams have games like that against us. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jay McEveley! I'd forgotten about him. They really were shit, I really do believe we have just a little bit more to us. Look at Stoke today - good team, just didn't turn up, had a rotten game. There will be two or three teams have games like that against us. 

The problem is that teams have done this at VP this season yet we still find a way to lose. E.g Watford today and Swansea in Timmy's last game. The players are losers. They could play the womens team and still find a way to lose

Edited by Arj Guy
  • Like 2

Bywater, Darren Moore, Robbie Savage, Laurent Robert, Danny Mills, Claude Davis, Andy Todd, Craig Fagan, Kenny Miller

Its definite the worst squad in Premier League history. Top Scorer 4 goals we have to at least beat them

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bywater, Darren Moore, Robbie Savage, Laurent Robert, Danny Mills, Claude Davis, Andy Todd, Craig Fagan, Kenny Miller

Its definite the worst squad in Premier League history. Top Scorer 4 goals we have to at least beat them

I literally don't even remember half of those players. Who the **** was Claude Davis? He sounds like an avant-garde jazz musician. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was literally laughing at us today and saying that we could beat the record which is kind of ironic given that he was one of their main players during that season.

clearing in the woods.

11 hours ago, John said:

34 points would see us safe for me. I just have difficulty in seeing us go on anything like a run like that one. :(

Just can't see it. 

We've got 5 points from over 1 third of the season and you think we'll get 29ish points from the other 2 thirds? 

We'll clear the Derby total but I reckon we'll end up on about 20-25 points.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post...

Edited by Genie

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

They signed a few of those in January, Savage and Laurent Robert weren't with them at the start, can't remember Danny Mills playing for them. This is what they put out at VP when we won 2-0:

Aston Villa: Carson, Mellberg, Knight (Davies 88), Bouma, Laursen, Young (Maloney 69), Petrov, Reo-Coker, Barry, Moore (Berger 77), Agbonlahor. 
Subs Not Used: Taylor, Gardner.

Goals: Laursen 57, Young 61.

Derby: Bywater, Griffin, Moore, Davis (Teale 46), McEveley, Fagan (Earnshaw 66), Oakley, Leacock, Pearson, Barnes, Howard. 
Subs Not Used: Price, Jones, Mears.

And probably the worst line up any premier league team has ever put out when they lost 6-0 at Anfield:

Liverpool: Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Agger, Arbeloa, Pennant (Benayoun 61), Mascherano (Sissoko 77), Alonso, Babel (Voronin 73), Torres, Kuyt. 
Subs Not Used: Itandje, Riise.

Goals: Alonso 27, Babel 45, Torres 56, Alonso 69, Voronin 76, Torres 78.

Derby: Bywater, Griffin (Moore 80), Malcolm (Teale 59), Davis, Camara (McEveley 63), Todd, Fagan, Oakley, Mears, Pearson, Howard. 
Subs Not Used: Price, Earnshaw.

Bob Malcolm, Mo Camera, Andy Todd, Steve Howard.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They signed a few of those in January, Savage and Laurent Robert weren't with them at the start, can't remember Danny Mills playing for them. This is what they put out at VP when we won 2-0:

Aston Villa: Carson, Mellberg, Knight (Davies 88), Bouma, Laursen, Young (Maloney 69), Petrov, Reo-Coker, Barry, Moore (Berger 77), Agbonlahor. 
Subs Not Used: Taylor, Gardner.

Christ. Compare our team then to now :(

Â