Just Cause 3

Designer1

Anyone else getting this? Hopefully picking it up tonight on PS4 and really looking forward to it after absolutely loving 1+2.

Just Cause 3

Just Cause 3 is an upcoming open world action-adventure video game developed by Avalanche Studios and published by Square Enix.[2] It was announced on November 11, 2014. It is the third game in the Just Cause series and is the sequel to the 2010 video game Just Cause 2. It is set to be released on December 1, 2015 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.[3][4]

MDmq2SdQtRZ-.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

It's not blowing me away after the first couple of hours to be honest.

The graphics are decent enough and the gunplay is quite solid but it's very much Just Cause 2.5 so far.

I'm hoping once it opens up a little more it will be more fun.

Yeah, I never really got into the Just Cause games. They always seems liked GTA without the depth and polish to me. Same goes for Saints Row. Maybe it's a bit unfair of me, but they just never grabbed my attention in the same way.

It's definitely just "Michael Bay - The Wet Dream"

Great fun for an hour or two, then just very samey. Huge props to the devs for the Lost Island on the last game (your planes engines fail & smoke after a huge electro - magnetic wave, plus the weather changes to storms), that was an incredible easter egg.

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's not blowing me away after the first couple of hours to be honest.

The graphics are decent enough and the gunplay is quite solid but it's very much Just Cause 2.5 so far.

I'm hoping once it opens up a little more it will be more fun.

Actually, scrap all that.

It's **** glorious :D

• Like 1

Good way to keep an edge over the competish, I guess! Still 19 hours left according to steam. Was watching some streams on twitch to get my fix but don't really want to spoil it. The grapple-parachute-wingsuit traversal looks like so much fun.

Edited by tarjei

The Xbone seems to be suffering for "Spectrum version" syndrome again: (link)

Just Cause 3 can drop to 17fps on Xbox One, suffer 15 minute load times - Report

Major memory leaks lead to significant performance issues, early analysis suggests.

VG_Dave's Avatar Follow @VG_Dave
30th Nov, 2015 - 10:23am
Just Cause 3 screenshot

The Xbox One version of Just Cause 3 suffers from significant memory leak issues, according to an early technical test from NX Gamer, leading to "incredibly long load times" and problems with the game's AI and physics during extended play sessions.

In fact, playing the game for more than an hour at a time can lead to load times of up almost 15 minutes and issues with the game's performance, with the framerate said to drop as low as 17 frames per second.

Just Cause 3 screenshot

"You do get incredibly long loading times and if you play more than an hour or so it can actually take nearly 15 minutes to reload a save," NX Gamer's video analysis says. "And this just looks like memory leakages where it's clearing out RAM. Some of the AI goes mad, the physics can react really oddly and unfortunately on top of all these problems, the performance with a game that's totally designed around blowing stuff up and having this chaotic… world doesn't perform very well at all.

After getting done with the starting missions I've spent the first few hours in the game just flying in the wing suit :D

So satisfying. Haven't set the most impressive record as I'm always tempted to do stuff like fly through tunnels and go really low to the ground, but it feels like you could fly indefinitely with a little bit of practice. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â