The mondegreens (mis-heard lyrics) thread

mjmooney

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Always thought 'Young girl with eyes like potatoes' was a better fit than 'Young girl with eyes like the desert', in 'La Isla Bonita'.

Apologies in advance but: Last night I dreamt of some 'deigo'.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

The Weight by The Band

I thought it was "Take a load of fanny"

And for a long I thought it was a bit of a strange phrase, unless it was the name Fanny

Then at some point I realized it had to be Annie, which I've sung for a long while.

But then I googled the lyrics just now and I'm clearly not the only one. Still don't know what it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Is it this that features " I can't believe you kiss your cock at night"?  Because it always has and still does sound exactly like that to me.

Shes pretty good at writing those, or maybe it was Mutt Lange, I dunno.

"Black guys I don't need them"

Shania-Twain-shania-twain-162197_1024_76

45 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Shes pretty good at writing those, or maybe it was Mutt Lange, I dunno.

"Black guys I don't need them"

Shania-Twain-shania-twain-162197_1024_76

ooof what I'd do to her...;)

The theme song from "The Bridge". Took me a long time to realise it was in English. To write down what I think the words are would take a while, but suffice to say they'd be hilariously wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

The theme song from "The Bridge". Took me a long time to realise it was in English. To write down what I think the words are would take a while, but suffice to say they'd be hilariously wrong.

if you want to know what they really are

The Missus once asked me what a "Jamijig" was. I said that I had no idea. She said it was in a song by Justin Trousersnake.

We were in the car sometime after, when the song came on the radio.

It took me a while to stop laughing and point out the line was "Damage is"...done, so I guess I'll be leaving...

Â