Midweek football 23/26 November

andykeenan

They've got nowt up front though.   Kane is really their only out and out striker, they've got half a dozen players who will chip in with a few goals a season from midfield but you can't rely on anyone.  I wonder how that holds up through a long hard season, especially in a team who do as much running as Spurs do.  March and April is where sides who don't have strength in depth tend to fall away. I think Spurs need a striker in the window, not sure who they get or how much they spend but I'm sure it's being spoken about in the manager's office at White Hart Lane.  I'd be tempted to take a punt on Charlie Austin if I were in Spurs' position. 

He's been a first team regular for about 12 months. I'm not sure there is a big enough sample size to make any claims like that.  Even if he isn't the sort of player who is out for three weeks if he so much as farts and follows through (hello Daniel Sturridge) he's not immune from being crocked in a bad tackle or a heavy fall like Amavi got earlier this month. 

I always find Kane a strange player still, he has no brilliant strength. He isnt very fast, great in the air, great technique. He is decent in all categories but nothing special but he seems to have a very good football brain

He is like the new Sheringham

10 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

He's been a first team regular for about 12 months. I'm not sure there is a big enough sample size to make any claims like that.  Even if he isn't the sort of player who is out for three weeks if he so much as farts and follows through (hello Daniel Sturridge) he's not immune from being crocked in a bad tackle or a heavy fall like Amavi got earlier this month. 

wasnt really a claim. just wouldnt be shocked

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I always find Kane a strange player still, he has no brilliant strength. He isnt very fast, great in the air, great technique. He is decent in all categories but nothing special but he seems to have a very good football brain

He is like the new Sheringham

Yes Luis Suarez (Who I know you don't like) said he was never technically very gifted but makes up for it with hard work and having a good football brain. Kane is a bit like that but obviously nowhere near as good. Vardy is a bit in that category too but he does have genuine pace

Edited by PaulC

30 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes Luis Suarez (Who I know you don't like) said he was never technically very gifted but makes up for it with hard work and having a good football brain. Kane is a bit like that but obviously nowhere near as good. Vardy is a bit in that category too but he does have genuine pace

Suarez said that?  His technique is impeccable.

grs9rbF.gif

Against Roma the other day, just watch his feet, how many adjustments he makes in a split second before hitting a perfectly timed volley. I'm not sure you can coach that, it's the work of a guy who can just read the game perfectly. 

Edited by The_Rev
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the pubic hair of the man who wrote this forum software.

Â