The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

The club won't sack him regardless. He'll be the manager next season as the damage was already done before he got here.

my point was if we go down losing 4 and 5-0 every week then he will have to be sacked by the board regardless of damage done 

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm more than confident that we'll pick up under Garde, I just fear it's too little too late.

I agree that we will.  At 0.35 points per game at the moment we can hardly fail but to pick up to some degree.  But if we do then it might make for a very exciting end to the season :)

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I agree that we will.  At 0.35 points per game at the moment we can hardly fail but to pick up to some degree.  But if we do then it might make for a very exciting end to the season :)

To be fair all it takes is a good run of form, stranger things have happened than a lowly team chalking up 3 straight wins..  The mentality and lack of confidence is doing us more damage than our ability at the moment.

• Like 2

It only takes a bit of luck to turn your way and confidence comes flooding back. Leicester are the prime example of players playing with confidence being unrecognisable. Garde some how has to instill resolve into the side but we've been brittle all year. We need 3 players in Jan minimum to boost the team but who will sign for us if we are virtually down? Some how we have to nick a win then go undefeated against the teams around us. I just can't see it. 

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If garde keeps us up now, he will be one of our greatest ever managerial appointments in our premier league history

He will go down as one of the worst imo.

The fact he's come here in the position were in deserves a lot of respect. Moyes turned us down even though he was on the brink of the sack and is now touting Europe for work.

Give this guy all the support you can, he could of got a much easier job but chose us.

• Like 1

People getting wound up by a speculative prediction :)  TBH I think given our situation and our squad, jim is playing it fairly safe in the sense that statistically he'll probably be able to say 'told you so' to some degree.  However, I agree with those who say that if we escape then we need to rename one of the roads around Villa Park in his honour because it'll have been a record breaking escape act.  For me the conclusion will be a lot more complex than mere PPG, although that would definitely help :D

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

3 games in, Garde is "one of the worst managers in Aston Villa's history".

Superb :D

Don't think Jim actually said that, he said he thinks he will go down as one of the worst in his opinion

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KHV said:

Don't think Jim actually said that, he said he thinks he will go down as one of the worst in his opinion

He was quoting Demetri, so Jim was saying he will go down as one of the worst in our Premier League history.

56 minutes ago, bobzy said:

3 games in, Garde is "one of the worst managers in Aston Villa's history".

Superb :D

Who are you quoting there? Nobody said that but dont let that get in the way of your point. He said he will go down as one of the worst in his opinion which while harsh its his opinion.

• Like 2

Yes its just an opinion. I think he'll walk before the end of the season but others think he'll be here long-term. I just know that this month will decide Villa's fate this season. We need to win 3 out of the 6 games before the January transfer window opens.

8 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Who are you quoting there? Nobody said that but dont let that get in the way of your point. He said he will go down as one of the worst in his opinion which while harsh its his opinion.

What point am I making exactly?  One guy has just called our manager "one of the worst managers in Aston Villa's history" after he's been in charge for only 3 games :D

Â