The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

We have got some fixtures coming up that are winnable (if you ignore the fact we haven't won a game for about 4 decades) however, following that we have another horrendous run where there is very few winnable on paper games.

So I don't only think we need to catch up during that run but also we need to be a few points ahead of a couple of teams.

Think we need 6/7 wins between now and the plop game in Feb. Big ask.

I love the optimism on this site! The reality is we are bottom of the table and deserve to be there. Remi Garde or any manager can not turn this around sadly. The players we have at our disposal are not good enough to compete in this league. Who would want to come to villa in January when we are in the bottom three . No one available would be any  good or would improve the team. Would the chairman sanction a spending spree, I think not !

Its really sad but we need to prepare for reality and life in the championship. First we need an owner who wants to be successful and  and move the club forward. Until RL sells up the misery will continue as a villa fan and I would I would be seriously concerned about How competitive we would be in the championship . Until he goes I fear the worst is yet to come.

UTV

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

We have got some fixtures coming up that are winnable (if you ignore the fact we haven't won a game for about 4 decades) however, following that we have another horrendous run where there is very few winnable on paper games.

So I don't only think we need to catch up during that run but also we need to be a few points ahead of a couple of teams.

Think we need 6/7 wins between now and the plop game in Feb. Big ask.

Something's wrong with woody! ;)

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

All depends on how we go down.

this? if we go down waving the white flag then I dont think he will be here next year but if we show some fight and progress then the club wont sack him

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

You said something that wasn't apocalyptically bleak. It's caught everyone by surprise. 

Realise it's all tongue in cheek but I've said plenty recently that's not apocalyptically bleak. 

Ironic because our current situation is of a certain 'acopalyptical bleakness' that I've been wary of for quite a while.

4 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Realise it's all tongue in cheek but I've said plenty recently that's not apocalyptically bleak. 

Ironic because our current situation is of a certain 'acopalyptical bleakness' that I've been wary of for quite a while.

60734-Brent-Rambo-you-win-the-Intern-TCE

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

this? if we go down waving the white flag then I dont think he will be here next year but if we show some fight and progress then the club wont sack him

The club won't sack him regardless. He'll be the manager next season as the damage was already done before he got here.

Â