The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It was absolutely beyond belief how few shots we had in the last half an hour when they brought on  their sub goalkeeper,.

He struggled with catching a ball that was in the air for like 5 seconds. Had him writhing on the floor trying to get it under control lmao

This is the reason I haven't given up hope http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32097799

Nigel Pearson's side remain bottom of the table, four points adrift of safety, but the attacking threat they showed will give their manager hope that they can yet avoid the drop.

This was the beginning of April, and Leicester were awful. I'm not sure what made things click for the rest of the season, but who knows if the magic ingredient can be found at Bodymore Heath.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villianusa said:

This is the reason I haven't given up hope http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32097799

This was the beginning of April, and Leicester were awful. I'm not sure what made things click for the rest of the season, but who knows if the magic ingredient can be found at Bodymore Heath.

I'd be amazed if we were 4 points adrift come April. I think we will be down way before April

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'd be amazed if we were 4 points adrift come April. I think we will be down way before April

I agree, if things stay as they are. My point is, things can change very quickly once players get it. It could be dropping a few player, slight tinkering with formation. I just praying Garde works it out very quickly.

• Like 2

One thing that has happened since Garde took over is, the number of fouls we have committed per game has dropped from an average of 13.27, to 7.33 per game. This has reduced our yellow cards to one a game, where we were averaging over two a game under Sherwood.

I'm not sure if this is tactical by the manager, or if our players are not getting close to the opposition, or if we are making less rash tackles. One thing for sure is, we are averaging 2.33 goals against under Remi, and 1.82 under Sherwood. With the same players for the best part playing, Could it be down to work at Bodymoor, lack of effort from players, or the opposition.

We have heard from Garde we are too light, and we aren't competitive enough, when we are trying to win the ball. It makes me wonder what has happened in the last few weeks.

Edited by villianusa
Missed Word

Already said I thought we played okay.

I would add that for those critical of the defending, it was no worse than Watfords.

Even the character of the side looked improved, we didn't fold at 0-1 or at 1-3, even if our panicked approach to the last ten minutes was poor.

It really was a game that could've gone either way and showed IMO there is little difference between us and the other nine clubs in the bottom half.

Unfortunately there is one all important significant difference, and that is that we wasted the first third of a season.

Taken in isolation though, I'm not sure there was much more to criticise than any other Club in the lowerhalf.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villianusa said:

One thing that has happened since Garde took over is, the number of fouls we have committed per game has dropped from an average of 13.27, to 7.33 per game. This has reduced our yellow cards to one a game, where we were averaging over two a game under Sherwood.

I'm not sure if this is tactical by the manager, or if our players are not getting close to the opposition, or if we are making less rash tackles. One thing for sure is, we are averaging 2.33 goals under Remi, and 1.82 under Sherwood. With the same players for the best part playing, Could it be down to work at Bodymoor, lack of effort from players, or the opposition.

We have heard from Garde we are too light, and we aren't competitive enough, when we are trying to win the ball. It makes me wonder what has happened in the last few weeks.

How can we be averaging 2.33 goals? We've scored twice in 3 games?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

For me, losing 3-2 at home to a shite team like Watford means there's absolutely no positives to take. It was diabolical, must win game and we absolutely blew it.

Football doesn't work like that though. Losing 3-2 at home to Watford doesn't automatically mean that there are no positives whatsoever to be taken.

For the record, I wouldn't describe yesterday's performance as good at all but things aren't as black and white as that.

• Like 1

Â