The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Probably the best attacking performance this season, along with one of the worst defensive ones. I like what he is trying to do, but the same issue that got Sherwood the sack continue.

I don't think any of our managers know how to use Gil, and he needs to fix it quick. Gil will win us games, but not stuck out on the right wing.

If he sticks with the same formation next game, I would go with:

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Clark Crespo

Sanchez  Gueye

Traore                Gil               Ayew

Gestede

Edited by villianusa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We lost at home to Watford 3-2 and quite rightly, he's not coming under any flak. This says a lot about the man as a manager and surely is a positive sign for us. 

Every game he has been in charge for has seen an improvement, in both effort and cohesion. I'm sure He will  go away and start working on, A) toughening up the players (JV and CG Gana  get pushed off the ball too easy. B ) Cutting out the stupid errors inside the 18 yard box.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Well I hate to say 'told you so' but now having seen our non-attacking draw against Man City, our capitulation against Everton and a pathetic performance against an incrdibly poor Watford I feel a lot of people will see that as a realistic statement! And I said no wins before Xmas (i.e. before we make any signings) not ever. Does anyone see a win against one of Southampton (a), Arsenal (h), Newcastle (a), West Ham (h) or Norwich (a)? I can't.

Realistic comes from us being odds on to lose or draw each of those games. We won't be favourite for one of them. It comes from being the worst team ever at this stage. It comes from us shipping goals at ease, it comes from our midfield show lack of both fight or guile and it comes from our strikers offering next to nothing.

In fact I'd go as far as saying that without significant first team signings in January, we will be relegated with less points than Derby achieved with this squad. People still have faith in the players and think they just lack tactics/ fitness/ organisation/ fight/ confidence or whatever other excuse. I think it's simpler than that  - they lack quality. Richards can be a good defender, the rest are useless more often than not. The midfield doesn't have a standout player, certainly not reliable, and the strikers don't score. If we were truly honest we'd keep Richards and... Ayew? Traore and Grealish have potential but have rarely delivered. Oh and Amavi, but typical our best player gets a significant injury. Every single one of the rest of them isn't good enough.

You haven't said 'I told you so' at all have you though?

Your original comment was that you can't see Garde getting any wins at all throughout the season. You didn't mention before christmas. Not even when I pulled you up on it. And anyway, even if you did mean January, you're still picking up on me after 3 games when there's still 5 to go until January. You're saying 'I told you so' based on a hypothetical.

Nice of you to drag up 3 weeks old post, out of context though. Nice one.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Good question Richard. 

He looks to me like a man that would walk away if he thought it was better for the club. But, would stay if wanted by the fans and board. 

I think he's intelligent enough to pick good teams so I doubt the fans will turn on him because I think the majority are finally beginning to see the bigger picture and the real cause of our problems. 

I like him, but I think he was the wrong appointment, we needed someone who has experience of getting shite teams out of a relegation dog fight, we should have brought Allardyce in (and thus have sacked Sherwood earlier). 

I think Allardyce is more suited to our situation than Garde. Our board's inability to act at crucial moments, coupled with the transfer policy, has consigned us to relegation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's quite ironic that you accuse me of implying superiority in my posts, and then go on to say that anybody who thinks we weren't "pathetic" yesterday is delusional.

Yeah, this as well.

Pretty amusing.

Feel sorry for Garde having to work with this lot really. I was encouraged after the Man City game and for ten minutes in the first half yesterday, but we reverted to the same old rubbish after half time. The Everton game was also a shambles.

Â