The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

So this is the first time Remi has had any real time with the full squad this past week to get his ideas and tactics over to the team. I expect us to be well prepared for Watford and show that we are actually a team that can play in a system that allows us to finally show our players individual strengths. If so I can finally have something to be optimistic about Villa for the first time in what seems like an eternity! Please don't let me down. 

So the rumour Steve Round was being lined up even though Garde didn't want him was a load of BS. The media trying to create issues and stir the pot. Probably Sherwoods disgruntled pals, rocket polishers! Apparently he was offered a more junior role by Garde which wasn't his cup of tea. 

5 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

So the rumour Steve Round was being lined up even though Garde didn't want him was a load of BS. The media trying to create issues and stir the pot. Probably Sherwoods disgruntled pals, rocket polishers! Apparently he was offered a more junior role by Garde which wasn't his cup of tea. 

Not suprised mate, media will always try to drum up negativity to clubs always in a rut

Garde may yet prove to be a success but lets not kid ourselves. 99/100 Man City would have buried one of those chances and we'd have lost. And Everton as has been said many times was one of the worst performances from a Villa team in recent memory. What he does we will see but what he's done has been nothing so far. I'm not judging but some people are trying to state positives but on the pitch there have been none as of yet.

• Like 1

99/100 Man City would have buried one of those chances

I don't know, did you see them yesterday? Sterling and Aguero both had easy chances but missed them. Juventus simply worked hard in midfield which is what we did albeit with lower quality.

Whilst we probably rode our luck at times I think it was a good performance. It was essentially top vs bottom and everyone would've taken a point from that game.

30 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

I said it would be.

I imagine the initial story was true, about us approaching him before Garde came in, and Garde having the courtesy to meet with him.
But it would have been incredibly stupid, even for Villa, to force an unwanted assistant on the manager/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said it would be.

I imagine the initial story was true, about us approaching him before Garde came in, and Garde having the courtesy to meet with him.
But it would have been incredibly stupid, even for Villa, to force an unwanted assistant on the manager/

Yeah sounds about right Steve. I thought at the time, brand new manager and there gonna go against his wishes straight away? Surely they can't be that idiotic. But there's always that niggling little doubt with Villa when it comes to this sort of thing. So glad it's come to nothing. Please turn things round Mr Garde so we can all stick two fingers up to those see you next tuesdays in the media! 

Edited by Barney_avfc

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I don't know, did you see them yesterday? Sterling and Aguero both had easy chances but missed them. Juventus simply worked hard in midfield which is what we did albeit with lower quality.

Whilst we probably rode our luck at times I think it was a good performance. It was essentially top vs bottom and everyone would've taken a point from that game.

It really wasnt a good performance. De Bruyne missed an absolute sitter, as did Sterling and Kompany should have scored late on. We offered pretty much nothing up front and were constantly exposed at the back in the last half an hour. Yes we were playing an elite team but it was only a good performance because we miraculously picked up a point.

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

It really wasnt a good performance. De Bruyne missed an absolute sitter, as did Sterling and Kompany should have scored late on. We offered pretty much nothing up front and were constantly exposed at the back in the last half an hour. Yes we were playing an elite team but it was only a good performance because we miraculously picked up a point.

It wasnt great but in my view you dont get a point against Man City without a good performance.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It wasnt great but in my view you dont get a point against Man City without a good performance.

This.

You have to play well enough to capitalise on luck.

If a team like Man City turns up and you don't get any luck, you lose. They're better than us. All you can do is play well enough so that if they don't turn up, or you do get lucky, that it turns a defeat into points.

Look at the Everton game, for example.
Doesn't matter how much luck we could have had, we'd have lost that game 10 times out of 10 given the way we played.

We played well against City. Yes it was a very defensive performance, but it was still a good performance.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was great though, teams at bottom of table who havent picked up a point in 10 games drawing with best team in the league is a great performance in anybody's book

No it was a great point. A performance is a totally different entity to the result. I know a point atm feels like winning a trophy but it wasnt a good performance. But we'll agree to disagree.

2 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

They really want to kick us, don't they.

Another good reason to put it up them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I agree to an extent. Had those 3 chances gone in, how many would be saying it was a good performance? I doubt as many, despite our performance being exactly the same - just with a different result. I thought we played ok, but it was more luck than judgement. Everton was obviously a disgrace. 

7 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Garde may yet prove to be a success but lets not kid ourselves. 99/100 Man City would have buried one of those chances and we'd have lost. And Everton as has been said many times was one of the worst performances from a Villa team in recent memory. What he does we will see but what he's done has been nothing so far. I'm not judging but some people are trying to state positives but on the pitch there have been none as of yet.

Quite true he should be judged on results and that alone because thats why Sherwood was sacked not what he did or said.

Â