The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Khazri is having a brilliant game for Sunderland vs Man Utd. Scored and assisted

I bet Garde feels really annoyed that a chap that most people hadn't heard of in England and that he identified as one of his first signings and was willing to come is showing show much promise in his first 3 Sunderland games and looks a very good player.

The board need to back him whenever he wants a certain player.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I watched the Sunderland game. Kasri and Kone both played great. The management team are identifying the players we need, but they are not being backed.

It is all down to Lerner. He no longer gives a shit. He does not deserve us, and we certainly deserve better than him.

Crazy isn't it?2 players who could have made a difference for us and was identified by Garde get signed by relegation rival in January giving them a very good chance to beat relegation themselves instantly making them stronger (which would have happened with us as well) whilst we threw in the white towel.

Absolute pathetic this club is at times.

17 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

He looked and sounded upbeat today. How he manages it I don't know, but it wasn't put on, he meant it.

He seems like someone I would like to work with. Win or lose tomorrow he's still the right man for the job in my opinion.

I agree with a lot of what you say and I like what I see of him as a person e.g modest, humble dignified and so forth. I do however feel that he may not be the right man to bring us straight back up and I take no pleasure in saying this. The championship is a horrible division to get out of and I can't help but think that someone with experience at that level is needed. This said I wouldn't be sad if he remains in charge, it's good to see nice guys do well and hopefully he would succeed.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2016 at 22:56, bose said:

he's just calculated with what he says. I doubt he's setting up some kind of charade or character.

Isn't that being calculated?

You are not calculated, when you open up to folk and be yourself.

Hey, its not a criticism, just saying its equally nothing to get excited about either....It isn't a pointer I would use to be sure he is going to be the business.

I personally think he'll be gone in the summer, 100% if he has no money to spend. I can see Hollis an co, thinking the squad is good enough to go in the Championship without a signing, an save more money

The board have proper mugged it this season. they needed to invest in Remi, would have got it back through the TV money. F****** crazy.

• Like 1

I understand fully a manager wanting his own players.....and each manager we have appointed has said the same, but it has had no effect.

I am not blaming the individual managers, but the chain of command, as there are many involved and I don't know the detail of who is directly to blame.

but conversely Ranieri has not signed many players if any and it's still Pearsons team.

so it's not impossible to improve with what you have got....it makes you wonder how Leicester were able to slump to the level they did, with the performances and ability they have......I do think they have a good balance of attributes which is a big advantage.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know we have injuries but up against one of worst keepers in league and a shoddy defence and we havent even tested them in 40 minutes

Didn't realize we were playing ourselves.

• Like 1

Â