The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

11 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

really and what have they done every season since, mcclaren is now buying british players!!

Read the whole thing.

They've bought more foreign players under McClaren than they have British. 

Your posts read as thinly veiled xenophobic to be honest. That these foreign lads don't have the grit or PASHUN British players do.

It's a load of nonsense. If they're average players anyway, why does it matter where they come from?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Read the whole thing.

They've bought more foreign players under McClaren than they have British. 

Your posts read as thinly veiled xenophobic to be honest. That these foreign lads don't have the grit or PASHUN British players do.

It's a load of nonsense. If they're average players anyway, why does it matter where they come from?

It don't matter where they come from , but it's an English league last time I looked. I belevie you need a core of home grown talent to be successful unless you can buy the absolute best , but even the most successful teams still have a few british players in the team, We need to maybe be a bit more savy in the market! Have a look at the Leicester squad

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

It don't matter where they come from , but it's an English league last time I looked. I belevie you need a core of home grown talent to be successful unless you can buy the absolute best , but even the most successful teams still have a few british players in the team, We need to maybe be a bit more savy in the market! Have a look at the Leicester squad

Totally different point. You said Newcastle were now buying British and I was responding to that. How did I read the post incorrectly?

We have mostly British players in the team. They're mostly shit. The foreign lads have been our better players.

Okore, Gana, Veretout, Ayew, Gil

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Totally different point. You said Newcastle were now buying British and I was responding to that. How did I read the post incorrectly?

We have mostly British players in the team. They're mostly shit. The foreign lads have been our better players.

Okore, Gana, Veretout, Ayew, Gil

Stevan firstly I'm not racist!!!!!!

this is a site for opinions I'm expressing mine as a fan!

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Stevan firstly I'm not racist!!!!!!

this is a site for opinions I'm expressing mine as a fan!

You said firstly and said one thing...

I didn't call you racist.

• Like 1

Lol.

Jim, Jonah and a few others used to be very anti Garde, not sure where they stand now or maybe have stopped posting here because of the vigorous defence Garde now gets? But let's not be too tough on Mike and Blaster, we should value all opinions however I think in general the responses they have provoked have been well made.

Mike and Blaster, please keep posting, all opinion is valid and valued, this is not a love in!

20 hours ago, Mantis said:

I did but even bearing those things in mind it's hardly the case. There's definitely a big chance he could walk before the start of next season but you make it sound like it's incredibly unlikely that he'll still be here.

Well with all due respect Mantis I'd say you're contradicting yourself a tad there, on one hand you agree that there's a "big chance" he won't be here next season but in the same breath citing my opinion as hyperbole?!

I'd say his comments today (around staying on if he's backed financially) are a firm indication that he won't be here, he's covering himself so that if/when he quits he can do so under the guise of having no real backing. I can't see Lerner (or the new clown, if it's his choice) investing heavily in the Championship if they weren't prepared to do so in the Prem, I also have to wonder as to who Garde thinks he can spend money on even if he is backed, we're not going to be attracting anything decent at that level and I doubt Garde's knowledge of lower league British based players is particularly adequate so you have to wonder........

32 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Bunn, Hutton, Richards, Clark, Richardson, Westwood, Grealish, Agbonlahor.....

I'd say that we do have a 'core of home grown talent', problem is, they're all poor to shite at best.......

• Like 1

With respect to Leicester, only 4 out of their usual starting 11 are English (Vardy, Drinkwater, Albrighton and Morgan).

In fact, the only team I could find in the top half of the table with less than 60% foreigners was Liverpool at 58%.

Watford's squad is 90% foreign!

The lowest was Bournemouth at 53% and ours is about average at 66% foreign. So much for an English "core".

Source: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/tabelle/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2015

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd say his comments today (around staying on if he's backed financially) are a firm indication that he won't be here, he's covering himself so that if/when he quits he can do so under the guise of having no real backing. I can't see Lerner (or the new clown, if it's his choice) investing heavily in the Championship if they weren't prepared to do so in the Prem, I also have to wonder as to who Garde thinks he can spend money on even if he is backed, we're not going to be attracting anything decent at that level and I doubt Garde's knowledge of lower league British based players is particularly adequate so you have to wonder........

I think you're overdoing the conspiracy theories.  Manager says he would like to stay = manager wants to leave.  Not really sure how much clearer or straightforward he could be.

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

British players playing outside of these shores at a decent level. Not even a handful. That tells you all you need to know about British players.

That's because they do not get a look in due to our perception foreign players are better

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

That's because they do not get a look in due to our perception foreign players are better

This doesn't even make sense. Whose perception? The managers of teams outside of the UK?

• Like 2

It's not a perception, it's reality.

There's a reason England haven't won anything for 50 years, and it's not to do with the number of foreigners in the Premier League...

• Like 2

Â