The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't get the love for Sam Allardyce. Fair enough if Sunderland were doing a lot better than us but they're really not. Isn't Allardyce supposed to be some sort of safety master?

but he is English and has an awesome record(in hiw own head) vs Benitez and Wenger and should be managing Real Madrid or Inter Milan

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Garde is too nice a guy but he needs to do a Graham Taylor mark 1 and say to Lerner's face that Villa are a shambles at the moment. 

I think that is what he is saying here "Aston Villa is a prestigious club in England on the exterior. But inside, there are lots of things that need to be done". 

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

But given sensible backing and time he can turn us around.

Sadly I doubt he will get either.  

I'm hoping that the la k of January investment was purely down to them thinking we're already down and not wanting to pay over the odds for mercenaries. And that in the summer they'll put the funds in to rebuild. Surely the board aren't that stupid to not realise it's needed. 

Ok so they probably are but being optimistic that's what I hope will happen.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I don't get the love for Sam Allardyce. Fair enough if Sunderland were doing a lot better than us but they're really not. Isn't Allardyce supposed to be some sort of safety master?

I think Allardyce would have been a decent appointment had we made it.

But the way I feel right now I'd take Remi over him any day.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I think Allardyce would have been a decent appointment had we made it.

But the way I feel right now I'd take Remi over him any day.

I do agree actually but the way some people are talking about him now is just bizarre given how Sunderland aren't doing much better than us.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'll take Remi in the Championship over Pulis or Allardyce in the Premier League all day long.

Moronic post.

I would take PL over everything, being in the Championship is a tragedy for this club. We might not return in decades - look at the long list of former big clubs like Leeds and Forest.

Besides, what has Remi Garde done here? He has no track record from France - and he has won two games during his entire stint here. Woeful, just terrible. He is crying over the lack of business and signings, but what about the job he did before signing the contract? Clearly he has not done his due diligence.

6 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Moronic post.

I would take PL over everything, being in the Championship is a tragedy for this club. We might not return in decades - look at the long list of former big clubs like Leeds and Forest.

Besides, what has Remi Garde done here? He has no track record from France - and he has won two games during his entire stint here. Woeful, just terrible. He is crying over the lack of business and signings, but what about the job he did before signing the contract? Clearly he has not done his due diligence.

Are you seriously questioning his track record at Lyon?? :ph34r:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Besides, what has Remi Garde done here? He has no track record from France 

3 years qualifying for the Champions League including a quarter final appearance, operating under a restricted budget. 

Clearly you haven't done your due diligence mate 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mwj said:

3 years qualifying for the Champions League including a quarter final appearance, operating under a restricted budget. 

Clearly you haven't done your due diligence mate 

He qualified for the Champions League once didn't he?

He finished 4th, 3rd and then 5th

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

I wonder what his definition of 'backed' is, does he mean just not having a fire sale of our better players or if he wants decent funds to spend?  I can't really see him having any money from Randy.  I just hope a buyer for the club is found, against all odds, to convince him that things could improve again.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder what his definition of 'backed' is, does he mean just not having a fire sale of our better players or if he wants decent funds to spend?  I can't really see him having any money from Randy.  I just hope a buyer for the club is found, against all odds, to convince him that things could improve again.

I think he definition of backed will be "I want to sign x,y,z" and actually getting the targets he wants. I don't think he will accept not getting his targets and I don't think he will accept Paddy Reilly's list of alternative suggestions either.

Â