The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I would't go out of my way to describe Remi as any of those. Definitely not strong, motivational or proven.

Have you even seen any of his interviews or press conferences?

21 minutes ago, mwj said:

That makes no bloody sense whatsoever. With the French players (Cabaye, Debuchy etc) they finished 5th, now they've "ditched" them they are fighting relegation.

Plus we only have Veretout as a regular French player. Cissokho now as well but he was pretty much brought back as an emergency.

We don't actually have very many French players in the first team.

Edited by Stevo985

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Plus we only have Veretout as a regular French player. Cissokho now as well but he was pretty much brought back as an emergency.

We don't actually have very many French players in the first team.

I dont know if they mean french or french speaking because if that is the case Ayew would fall in that catergory as would Gana

Edited by Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont know if they mean french or french speaking because if that is the case Ayew would fall in that catergory as would Gana

Well then they should say French speaking. Although that doesn't make sense as a criteria to judge players by. Is a player from France the same as a player from Quebec because they both speak french?

it's like saying English players are the same as Australian because they speak English.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

In fairness IYR excludes 'Proven', but what makes you sure Garde isn't Strong (for me that's his stand out quality) or Motivational?

The thing is with Aladyce and Pulis, you know what you are getting, but with some credit to the board, they appear to have taken a risk and avoided the lower middle ground option and opted for more a progressive appointment. I wouldn't say it hasn't worked given our paucity of squad and forward quality, and because for example, Aladyce is not pulling up trees at Sunderland, and we seemed better when we met, the difference being Defoe. If we had ended up beating them we would be ahead of them today. So the jury is s out still for me. 

I would much rather continue to "gamble" on Garde and let him prove himself in the summer and next season, I think Aladyce's Sunderland will be in the Championship with us next season, and West Brom are sliding at the moment too.

When I look at Allardyce he exudes strength. When I look at Remi Garde he doesn’t.

When I listen to Allardyce I feel confident and assured. When I listen to Remi Garde I feel doubtful and uncertain.

Our squad is better than Sunderland’s. Defoe has only started scoring goals since Allardyce arrived.

I would say “knowing what we were getting” is exactly what we needed.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How can you not feel assured when listening to Garde? I feel like he knows the solution to world peace every time he talks. Whereas all Allardyce does is fumble through cliches.

He’s very sensible and considered with what he says but underneath I see a lot of apprehension and it does anything but fill me with confidence.

30 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

When I look at Allardyce he exudes strength. When I look at Remi Garde he doesn’t.

When I listen to Allardyce I feel confident and assured. When I listen to Remi Garde I feel doubtful and uncertain.

Our squad is better than Sunderland’s. Defoe has only started scoring goals since Allardyce arrived.

I would say “knowing what we were getting” is exactly what we needed.

Except Allardyce wasn't available and you think Sherwood deserved his chance this season. So when exactly were we supposed to appoint Allardyce? 

5 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

Except Allardyce wasn't available and you think Sherwood deserved his chance this season. So when exactly were we supposed to appoint Allardyce? 

Allardyce was available and I would have let go of Sherwood sooner to get him.

Delighted he wants to stay. Despite my posturing otherwise I was mildly concerned. Massive credit for laying down the law as well, takes balls. He's clearly not the shy retiring type.

The gloves are off in every respect and I'm glad I've got this man in my corner.

• Like 4

Â