The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

credit to Remi for getting the result today, has been a horrid week mainly of our own making (shit deadline day and Ayew red card) but he rallied the players around and while it wasnt pretty the players showed good fight and character

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

credit to Remi for getting the result today, has been a horrid week mainly of our own making (shit deadline day and Ayew red card) but he rallied the players around and while it wasnt pretty the players showed good fight and character

Brendan? ;)

• Like 2

People are signing petitions to encourage a football manager (who can't win football games) to stay?

Seems like a decent chap and his tools aren't great but he should have had enough to muster 2/3 wins by now.

Well he has.

• Like 1

Didn't bring on Richardson, played Richards right back, fired them up after half time. Plus we actually look okay at home, that hasn't been the case for years.

I'm just happy when I turn on to watch I'm more concerned about our terrible attack than our terrible tactics. Really hope he stays, tbh it might be a fight to keep him.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Best thing about us at the moment and will be our biggest signing next summer if we can convince him to stay and build. Deserves the support from the fans which he received today and managed a modest clap towards the Holte. Well done Remi.

• Like 1

Plusses beginning to significantly outweigh the negatives for me.

Nothing to criticise again today, that's a fair few games, (all of 2016 ?) other than in the Cup.

Seems to have performed the hardest trick of all, giving the players belief and a very committed attitude.

• Like 2

I know it could be called a lazy comparison but for me he sounds very much Wengerish. I don't mean the accent, but he accentuates the same things ( lost track of how many times Wenger talks about fight and spirit), he deflects other things in the same way, and exudes the same quite assurance.

Now I know they don't mean anything in themselves, but I'm pretty sure I prefer him more like Wenger than less like him !

Great stuff, best of all was seeing a smile on his face, surely this can only help?  What I like is there are no cliques with him, no favourites, you get given a chance and you are played on contribution, don't perform and you are out.

Wow, let's see what happens next match, as they say, one game at a time. Please stay Remi.

Has no doubt had a crap week like the rest of us. Just hope today gives him and the rest of team the belief to carry on fighting/scrapping to the very last day of the season now. Players seem to be on his side for sure. Couldn't be more chuffed for him and hope he stays!

Â