The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

So if we win today Tom, and it goes up to 17.64%, will you change your mind and find it a reasonable amount of wins in the circumstances?

(just over 15% in the league by the way)

Edited by a m ole

I think that Remi Garde is encouraging a style of football that he can develop with better players in the future. He's doing the best he can with the current squad. Some players have the ability to adapt and improve with his style of coasching. Some do not.

There's no doubt staying in the Premier league is very important but I don't think he will change his style of play just to win games.

I'm guessing his philosopy is to train the players to play a particular way, then build on this. If you keep changing this to direct hoof the ball into the box for Gestede, yes it may bring you more wins initially but in the long term it is going nowhere. Then you're back to square one.

Better to have a system that will eventually pay dividends.

Hey, I'm no coach but that is the way I see it IMO

That is why I rate the guy and why I have Hope if he stays

If he has been let down and they have reneaged on promises then he has every right to leave. Most people would do that in his situation

Hopefully it's just the wa@@ers from the media putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

UTV!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I know that's what I'm implying. Simply not good enough. Despite the circumstances.

I'm not totally sold n Garde, and certainly don't think he should be guaranteed to job for next season out here in February.

But don't you think our particular circumstances, which have been poor for years and appalling recently, DO mean we have to view his success rate, results wise, by different criteria than usual ?

I do, and I think many others do. It just seems very blinkered to talk about the amount of  wins he ' should' have got over the last few months. These aren't normal times and our judgement of him should reflect that. And I know its " its and bits" but we could have got two extra wins and both our position and his % would look very different, as arguably they still could.

• Like 3

I think you're right if that is the case OBE, but I wonder if his comments are because it hasn't been discussed at all and he is simply saying that he needs to find out what the project is before making a decision as opposed to knowing the plan is an awful one - there's no point taking about such a project until we're mathematically down and therefore those conversations haven't taken place.

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like Garde, I think he could go on to be a very good manager. In terms of his comments about whether or not next seasons 'project' is for him, I'm less concerned about what that says about a good manager leaving and more concerned about what it tells us next years 'project' is. We have to remember this is a man that took on this years 'project' - a team adrift at the bottom of the table with no structure, no method and rock bottom morale; he's not afraid of a challenge.

Are we learning that next years 'project' is sell everyone and try to get promoted with a ragtag assortment of league two juniors and the Under 21's?

How bad can next seasons project be in order to put off a man who took this years team on?

Agree, that is the real concern, and let's face it, would anyone be the least bit surprised if we did indeed try the 'rag tag assortment' ? I wouldn't.

Hopefully though, having re-read his comments, where he say nobody even knows what that project is, he maybe means he's not sure he wants to manage in the Championship, and perhaps that's his big hint publicly to the Board that he only will IF it is NOT a ragbag idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think you're right if that is the case OBE, but I wonder if his comments are because it hasn't been discussed at all and he is simply saying that he needs to find out what the project is before making a decision as opposed to knowing the plan is an awful one - there's no point taking about such a project until we're mathematically down and therefore those conversations haven't taken place.

I get the impression that the board and Randy especially have moved the goalposts a few times already and Garde doesn't really trust them that much to stick to any plan.  Ultimately his job is to get as many points as possible between now and the end of the season and see where we are.

• Like 1

Remi is an itelligent man, he knew when he came to the club there was a real possibility of relegation, so I'm sure he will/would stay providing he feels that the club are supporting him in his efforts to rebuild and mount a push for promotion. If on the other hand the project is to try and do it on the cheap, I think he will quit. 

Based on the last 6yrs, and the comments from hollis, the clever money would be on the later unfortunately.

This doesn't need doing in the summer. It needs doing the moment after relegation is confirmed. Give the full summer to someone who actually wants to be here (who might be able to win more than one league game) if he doesn't.

Get it sorted early.

• Like 1

So if we win today Tom, and it goes up to 17.64%, will you change your mind and find it a reasonable amount of wins in the circumstances?

(just over 15% in the league by the way)

Proof of the sample size effect, if it was ever needed. Which it clearly is. Win 4 on the bounce and he will be our most successful manager in 50 years!*

*might be factually incorrect.

• Like 2

That's exactly the impression I got. He was clearly, rightly, disappointed a week ago. But yesterday he again spoke of support from within the club, how happy he was to join the club and how he still feels that way, he spoke VERY highly of us. How the issues are of a long term nature and he's concentrating on the here and now, for now.

That little sound byte came at the end of a series of questions during which Pete Colley attempted to push his buttons. Ultimately I guess it worked and he got his quote.

Rémi's English has improved massively, but you still have to work a little to understand his exact meaning. He chooses his words carefully, delivers them calmly, but occasionally his grammar slips. Though I can still understand him better than I could Paul Lambert...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Rémi's English has improved massively, but you still have to work a little to understand his exact meaning. He chooses his words carefully, delivers them calmly, but occasionally his grammar slips. Though I can still understand him better than I could Paul Lambert...

....and Sherwood

• Like 1

Â