12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

17 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

There are a few others out there but they all seem to follow the same point scoring systems.

Surprised Yahoo don't already do one for Football.

Fair play SBS, you've absolutely nailed Henderson there. There was me being all smug, thinking I'd log on as soon as everyone came off waivers and bring him in, but there you were, already in the queue. Well done sir, very irritating!

Janmaat scored the following.

1 Assist = 8 points

1 Chance Created = 3 Points

2 Successful Dribbles = 2 Points

3 Tackles Won = 3 Points

1 Aerials Won = 1 Point

2 Clearances = .5 Points

5 Goals Conceded = - 10 Points

Total = 7.5 Points

Charlie Daniels Scored the following.

1 Assist = 8 Points

1 Shot on Target = 2 Points

4 Chances Created = 12 Points

4 Successful Crosses = 4 Points

2 Interceptions = 2 Points

2 Tackles Won = 2 Points

1 Yellow Card = - 3 Points

1 Dispossed = - 1 Point

3 Goals Conceded = -6 Points

Total = 20 Points

As you can see, without the attacking performance from these two they would have scored poorly but this game rewards attacking intent.

I guess if we're being honest full backs probably shouldn't get the same assist or chances created bonus as center backs if it was going to be completely fair as most of them get forward more often and have more assist chances. By the same token, Centre Backs probably shouldn't have the same goal scoring bonus as full backs as they get more chances inside the box.

However that's up to the player selecting the players to see the loophole in the scoring system. Also, that would further confuse an already confused points scoring system.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's your player, you plum! Why do you want him to have less points?

because Mertesacker and Morgan only conceded 2 goals and got less points between them than Janmaat :P

I do think the points system is slightly unbalanced. If a clean sheet is worth 6 points for a defender, a goal conceded should be more than -2 points, it makes it the equivalent of a save at 2 points or making 2 tackles. Especially is a chance created is worth 3 points. 

I do think the points system is slightly unbalanced. If a clean sheet is worth 6 points for a defender, a goal conceded should be more than -2 points, it makes it the equivalent of a save at 2 points or making 2 tackles. Especially is a chance created is worth 3 points. 

If the clean sheet is worth 6 then conceding a goal is effectively -8 for the first goal conceded.

18 minutes ago, leviramsey said:

If the clean sheet is worth 6 then conceding a goal is effectively -8 for the first goal conceded.

Letting in one goal has a decent points implication at -8 but letting in subsequent goals should be more detrimental. The 5 goal loss mentioned earlier in here only cost the defenders -16 points which doesn't really equate to a massive drubbing in real life.

Yeah injuries and team selection make this game difficult.

I've got 2 should be starting strikers but don't (Costa. Aguero). 1 good striker but is second choice (Long) and 1 attacking midfielder listed as a striker who either has a blinder or costs me points (Firmino).

Very much in danger of none of them starting this week due to injury, being shit or a manager slowly losing the plot.

Â