Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It is all relative isn't it? That deference was streets ahead of our current line up and Collins is part of the West Ham defense sitting in the top half of the league. 

I'm sure cowans would love to have Collins back. Senderos over Collins for me. 

6 hours ago, av1 said:

Planning for the Championship is something you would expect any competent board to be doing as a Plan B

However, plan A should be staying in this league, and It shouldn't matter even if we don't get another point between now and January. Whilst it's still Mathematically possible to stay up, that should be the main goal. And that means providing the Manager with any funds necessary. 

Going down is one thing, excepting relegation while there is 5 months and plenty of points left is quite another. If the Club don't spend the Chairman should be dragged out of B6 by his balls. 

Over to you Randolph.

Yes but  who will we be able to get if we are that far adrift? Really its pointless discussing this until after the Sunderland game on January 2nd. That gives us 6 games and we'll prob need to win 3 of them.

Edited by PaulC

I'm sure if we weren't cut adrift by January stumped up the cash and offered Clark  Berahino could be an interesting option. Surely with the austerity measures and our small net spend we could push the boat out and spend 20-30 million to safeguard our future. Pipe dreams I know ! 

If we were only ones to show the cash and weren't already miles adrift he might consider it. He hates there chairman. 

Didn't someone on here in the summer say they had asked him about joining us and he said he would be up for it. Could be making that up though. 

but it ain't gunna happen I know. Just let me dream for a while longer 

Edited by thabucks

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He wouldn't come here would he. He wants his dream move to one of the London clubs.

Most West Brom games he cant even get a start. I know Pulis hates attackers but him not getting in ahead of Lambert might put teams off him

Berahino has shown enough over the last few seasons to suggest he's a very good striker in the making. He's got 18 months left on his deal aswell so that will be attractive to clubs.

Ultimately though he acts and plays like he's got a massive chip on his shoulder and that perception has probably got worse under Pulis who I thought might sort him out.

Met dunne in nice airport in the summer a lot smaller than I imagined him to be up close. Very nice chap and had a lot of good things to say about us. Any ways  we do need a pairing like dunne & Collins were that season. Perfect foils for each other. 

I think we're too far adrift for Austin now. I just don't think he's going to want to join a team that are going to lose nearly all of their remaining games, even if we offer an attractive contract. He'll have better offers from better teams. 

It'll be hard to sign anyone of any good standard now that we are so far adrift. Anyone thinking Austin would come here is going to be very disappointed. We are a terrible side and we are likely to be 12 points adrift minimum by the time January comes around. Then there's the fact that our penny pinching owner wouldn't stretch that far knowing that we won't be getting the Prem TV money next season anyway. It's too late and that will seriously affect what we do in January.

Edited by One For The Road

Whoever we sign will be loan with view to permanent if we stay up. Austin deal could be similar to Sinclairs. That way Qpr get a fee.

Austin isn't enough.  What if he gets injured. Sign Adebayor on 6 month contract. Bring Cissohko back. Vlaar 6 month contract? Or another loan with view to permanent Cb and Townsend same loan. That way if we go down we just send them back. Probably need another Cm. 

New Cb partner Okore with Richards to RB

• Like 1

first job, recall all loans, regardless, we need all men on deck, so to speak.

second job, let go of a few players, accepting to the fact they will leave on a free due to them being valueless, ie, richardson and cole, and dare i say it, call it a day for clark.

third job, prepare for live in the championship, a new right back, a new centre back and a striker

never know, guzan might play better in the championship

2 hours ago, AndyBM said:

never know, guzan might play better in the championship

I doubt it and I would guess he might want to move on in any case given relegation might have an impact on his getting international games.