Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I might be in a minority here but I don't see any issue with the midfield - it's the attack and defence that need bolstering. 

My first move would be to get Cissokho back from loan so that we never have to see Richardson in a Villa shirt again. 

After waking up and thinking about it, Buy championship players in January and actually try and be competitive in the championship. Afobe etc. Sell players that don't want to be here to get as much money as possible. No point spending ridiculous amounts of money now in January to maintain our PL status. Not too fussed if they all leave from boardroom level to players. The defence needs a major overhaul the whole back 4 needs replacing. I can't see Richards staying anyway. I would spend whatever budget is given heavily in defensive areas. I presume they have relegation clauses so most would leave. 

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 1

Need players that will develop,. That will help us in a promotion push and be winners but will benefit from 5 months in the premiership.. We will not be spending fortunes to try and retain premiership status,. That is we will not be throwing money at the problem in January.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

After waking up and thinking about it, Buy championship players in January and actually try and be competitive in the championship. Afobe etc. Sell players that don't want to be here to get as much money as possible. No point spending ridiculous amounts of money now in January to maintain our PL status. Not too fussed if they all leave from boardroom level to players. The defence needs a major overhaul the whole back 4 needs replacing. I can't see Richards staying anyway. I would spend whatever budget is given heavily in defensive areas. I presume they have relegation clauses so most would leave. 

This - the one faint silver lining to this mess is that we'll be more or less down by January at this rate. It ll take the pressure off the team and gives us 7 or 8 months to build a team that can boss the championship and come straight back up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

I might be in a minority here but I don't see any issue with the midfield - it's the attack and defence that need bolstering. 

My first move would be to get Cissokho back from loan so that we never have to see Richardson in a Villa shirt again. 

No issue with the midfield apart from gardner, westwood, gueye and veretout being utter shite and sanchez being mediocre at best

• Like 1

Gardner, by all accounts, was superb in the championship last season. I'd like to see him in the team when we're relegated and let's buy back Daniel Johnson.

Much rather see the likes of them help us get back up than cheer on the words removed that relegated us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AXD said:

I hope we make use of the european cup. A lot of players need game time to get into their national squads. Cheeky loans for Valdes, Mirallas or Fellaini?

Why would those sorts of players want to associate themselves with the shithouse that is AVFC?!

• Like 1

I hope we make use of the european cup. />

That's long gone, I hope we make use of ridiculous wages and if we have to then relegation release clauses and staying up wage hikes

Valdes isn't going to care that we won the European cup, he's won 3 of them, he's going to care who picks up his £150k a week wages and make sure he's not stuck here when the inevitable happens

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's long gone, I hope we make use of ridiculous wages and if we have to then relegation release clauses and staying up wage hikes

Valdes isn't going to care that we won the European cup, he's won 3 of them, he's going to care who picks up his £150k a week wages and make sure he's not stuck here when the inevitable happens

To clarify, I meant the european championship in france next summer.