The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Quite possibly not:

It's pretty clear at this point that the placebo effect kicks in even with some (not all) patients who are specifically told they are eating a sugar pill, and that it isn't medicine. Nonsense homeopathy also serves to prevent over-medication in some cases - I've read estimates that between 20 and 50% of 'evidence-based' drug prescription is either excessive or waste. So I doubt there's any saving at all in removing reiki, acupuncture or complementary therapies, no matter how dumb you and I might think they are. 

well  my other solution was to ban the stupid from using the NHS  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

There is a difference between headline grabbing 100 hours per week , which kinda implies they are doing it 52 weeks a year and what the article actually says

Take the headline up with the Torygraph.

I would imagine that only an utter idiot would believe that doctors (limited to working 48 hours in a week but this is averaged across 26 weeks as per the first sentence of the article linked last month) were working 100 hours per week every week throughout the year.

I know you're not an idiot so I can only believe that your intention was to advance a rather crass and daft agenda. :)

It would appear from reading that article and a few others and some responses to FOI requests that some of them can and do work long shifts on consecutive days (I've seen talk of 12 days on and 12 days off shift patterns) and that regularly these can end up being 90 hour plus weeks (13 hour shifts on 7 consecutive days and maybe more?).

Edited by snowychap

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Take the headline up with the Torygraph.

I would imagine that only an utter idiot would believe that doctors (limited to working 48 hours in a week but this is averaged across 26 weeks as per the first sentence of the article linked last month) were working 100 hours per week every week throughout the year.

I know you're not an idiot so I can only believe that your intention was to advance a rather crass and daft agenda. :)

It would appear from reading that article and a few others and some responses to FOI requests that some of them can and do work long shifts on consecutive days (I've seen talk of 12 days on and 12 days off shift patterns) and that regularly these can end up being 90 hour plus weeks (13 hour shifts on 7 consecutive days and maybe more?).

I think you give me too much credit :) 

the NHS is an emotive subject and the Torygraph know exactly what they are doing with that headline ( as do the Sun etc with 1 in 5 Muslims etc)  but we know that the vast majority of people just read headlines and then write to Stephen Fry ... I think you'll find with the coverage of late that a great many people do think that Doctors are working 100 hours a week , in the same way that they think Muslims want to impose Sharia law on us.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'll vote for that one so long as we also ban the stupid from running it and the corrupt from trying to sell it off.

That rules Snowy and myself  out as Health Minister after the VT coup then  :P

I'll leave it to you to guess who is who  ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

4221396001_4114062430001_SHAPPS.jpg

looks like Michael Green has had to resign...

I suppose there is some irony in Cameron sacking someone for a poor error of judgment in who they appointed  ....

• Like 3

If I was doing a list of three people that sum up all that is worst about the Tory party Shapps would top that list and that's some achievement above Gove. Anne Sodbry or whatever her name is would tick the female equality box.

Honestly a sneering idiot who should've been removed a long time ago from serious government posts, remember he was sidelined during the election campaign. 

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If I was doing a list of three people that sum up all that is worst about the Tory party Shapps would top that list and that's some achievement above Gove. Anne Sodbry or whatever her name is would tick the female equality box.

Honestly a sneering idiot who should've been removed a long time ago from serious government posts, remember he was sidelined during the election campaign. 

I know a massive Tory wet who works for a Conservative MP and he is adamant that she should be the next leader. :lol:

Blimey. She's one of many politicians who "communicates" by saying phrases she's learnt. She doesn't speak and she doesn't listen, she just excretes little tory sound pellets from her mouth.

One of the lizard people, methinks. There are loads of 'em.

• Like 4

Â