Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Indeed, it's not like being invaded or something. The way some people on this forum go on you'd think life itself was coming to an end. 

I think a lot has been written about young men, self-esteem, and club identity. A few hundred dissertations. I'm surprised it's not worse here, actually.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I still don't know what you're getting at here exactly? I never said you couldn't be annoyed and whinge because we're all doing that.

Well, that makes two of us, Mantis. Most of the time, I don't know what I'm getting at either. :)

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

give it a couple of days and some will be back to saying "we just need 6 wins"

none of our players are prem quality, we might just scrape it to 25 points at best

I'll probably be one of them to be honest, I'm a sucker for hope. What's the point otherwise, I'd just stop going. Stop posting on Villa Talk, stop talking to my mates about football altogether. Then what the hell would I do with my time? 

I know some people are annoyed that people like me exist, but there you have it.

(We are definitely going down though, no matter what I might write on Wednesday whilst on the bog)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'll probably be one of them to be honest, I'm a sucker for hope. What's the point otherwise, I'd just stop going. Stop posting on Villa Talk, stop talking to my mates about football altogether. Then what the hell would I do with my time? 

I know some people are annoyed that people like me exist, but there you have it.

(We are definitely going down though, no matter what I might write on Wednesday whilst on the bog)

Maybe, but not in any serious, important way. We're talking about football, right? But I think people aren't always in a hopeful spot, and so it can be hard to "be on the same page" on the same day. In fact, I think at times the benighted fan DEPENDS on people like you to keep banging the drum until we can get our heads sorted. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Good to see another Villa fan up this way, I've only met three in the eight years I've lived here! 

I've prob met 3 in 30 years here. Ironically, in my group of friends there is a wolves fan and a blues fan. All top 4 or Leeds fans tbh. Very rarely meet on wednesday/United fans tbh. Well I do, but not as many as you'd think.

1 minute ago, useless said:

It's not over yet, beat Stoke and with eleven games left to play, it's on.

as daft as it sounds we still have a chance but i dont think we will be good enough for what we need. today was a huge blow, not so much because we lost but more so the manner of the defeat.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

as daft as it sounds we still have a chance but i dont think we will be good enough for what we need. today was a huge blow, not so much because we lost but more so the manner of the defeat.

Only on paper. This group of players just do not have the mentality for it - they're damaged goods.

Just now, Woodytom said:

I've prob met 3 in 30 years here. Ironically, in my group of friends there is a wolves fan and a blues fan. All top 4 or Leeds fans tbh. Very rarely meet on wednesday/United fans tbh. Well I do, but not as many as you'd think.

Think it's cos I work in Sheffied, plenty of Wednesday fans there. They seem a decent bunch and always do their research on Villa so they can talk to me about it. Not much Micky taking, they know how we feel. I hope in ten years time we haven't followed their path.

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Worried again about TV access to Villa from the USA next year. Keep having this fear that it's going to be almost impossible to catch games. That's the biggest issue for me with all this.

This is probably a stupid question but can't you get Sky TV in the US? We'll be a popular choice for their Championship live matches.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yes I thought we'd lose but not in the manner in which we did. How we react is either going to make or break us, come the end of the season we might even see it as the turning point in our fortunes, if we react in a positive way. Just a shame we've got to wait another two weeks to put things right.

Edited by useless

Â