Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Don't really care who leaves - players and staff alike. Think we're destined to stay mid-table in the Championship for the foreseeable future with a succession of managers like McCarthy, Dyche, and Pearson.

It matters not as long as Lerner is here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Don't really care who leaves - players and staff alike. Think we're destined to stay mid-table in the Championship for the foreseeable future with a succession of managers like McCarthy, Dyche, and Pearson.

Agree. It's very hard to see anything but a dark future for the club. I can't put into words how much I hate that man Randy Lerner and how he has ruined Aston Villa.

Would it be too soon to start playing the kids? Can they do any worse? At least they might actually run their socks off and look like they're remotely interested. There's a fair chance we'll need them next season if we can't buy anyone in so why not? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I'm sorry, but that's just complete and utter rubbish. 

I dont think its complete rubbish,Do you think an owner who wont invest to stay in the richest league is going to go overboard to get back in it.The owner has been slashing costs for years,no reason to think it wont continue next season.

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Would it be too soon to start playing the kids? Can they do any worse? At least they might actually run their socks off and look like they're remotely interested. There's a fair chance we'll need them next season if we can't buy anyone in so why not? 

Kids don't develop playing with shit house 'professionals' and getting smashed every week unfortunately.

• Like 1

I don't think we are going to get much money back on any of the signings this season> Ayew maybe? and I don;t think this squad have got the fight to get us out of the championship. Hopefully we can offload the majority of the players we have signed this summer and rebuild with the youth and one or two decent players who have performed before in the lower leagues. I notice how well Bannan is doing for Wednesday, a player not considered good enough, but i would take him over any of the midfield we have now.

watched the game today and just laughed, I actually wanted Liverpool to smash in a few more, it's irrelevant anyway, we've been down for ages, a couple of seasons ago this result would of been embarrassing, these days it's just a run of the mill result.

onwards and downwards.  UTV

2 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

watched the game today and just laughed, I actually wanted Liverpool to smash in a few more, it's irrelevant anyway, we've been down for ages, a couple of seasons ago this result would of been embarrassing, these days it's just a run of the mill result.

onwards and downwards.  UTV

Yeah someone said to me I bet you are gutted.

I was literally over it a minute later.

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It's easy to get over it if you've already accepted our fate. 

It's the little glimmers of hope that kill you. 

Tbf, today was probably the most hopeful I've been for a few years and I still managed to get over the result instantly.

Any slight glimmer of hope gone. Players are an absolute disgrace. No commitment (as admitted by Lescott) when a win would take us 5 points from safety giving us a very small chance. They don't deserve to pull on the shirt again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Tbf, today was probably the most hopeful I've been for a few years and I still managed to get over the result instantly.

That might be because you're the most negative poster on the forum, to be fair. 

EDIT: Maybe 'negative' has unpleasant connotations. I take that back. 'Pessimistic' then. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

The slimmest of hope died today with that performance because the worry is if we go a goal down in a game it could happen again!  I would seriously consider playing some of the younger squad players now until the end of the season. Give them some game time and experience, and to be fair I for one would rather cheer them on now until the end of the season!

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That might be because you're the most negative poster on the forum, to be fair. 

EDIT: Maybe 'negative' has unpleasant connotations. I take that back. 'Pessimistic' then. 

Yeah my opinions are so disproportionate to the teams performances.

Â