Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Eight points off safety with 13 games left and no striker who is any where near good enough to play at this level. I hate to burst your delusional bubble but it's over.

ive got no delusions about us, i'll admit to being defeatenist, we arent good enough

but im looking at everyone else and neither are they...

if we keep our heads down and eat away at the points, stranger things have happened, liverpool are likely to play lucas at CB tomorrow, quality striker means nothing, baggies will stay up winning 1 in 4 games 1-0 from a set piece

Eight points off safety with 13 games left and no striker who is any where near good enough to play at this level. I hate to burst your delusional bubble but it's over.

Don't you think the word delusional is a bit harsh there? Not just on a personal level but on a practical level too. We are 8 points off with a game in hand, which I would of personally love to see us win today. Whilst I think that's a tough ask, "delusional" it is not.

I struggle to see where the goals are coming from too but I would hope that now we have a solid base they are working hard on that. Let's hope the delusional folk are correct.

• Like 1

i thinks a case of sat here now would you take it and i dont see how the answer could be no, obviously everyone would rather be safe by then and enjoy the celebration

i didnt realise that before, newcastle have spurs at home, if we go in to the last game of the season with us and newcastle both needing a win to stay up and spurs and arsenal both needing a win to win the league then yeah thats the best end to a season ever

with swansea at home to man city too

and ranieri potentially winning the league away at chelsea

• Like 3

we are still in contention to stay up but I still dont see it, we have not shown a thing all season to think we will win 7 from 13 to stay up especially since I think this will be a high relegation points season maybe 38 points

• Like 1

I've enjoyed thinking about the big escape but sadly I think today will be too great a step with no decent forwards against a team that have largely underachieved this season. I'm looking forward to the grand clear out in the summer just to know who in our team is in it for the long term and I pray that Remi stays put, not because he is a legend but simply for continuity.

I think Leicester and Spurs winning today or atleast drawing would be good for us (irrelevantly). We've already played Leicester who are yet to play our rivals apart from Bournemouth. Spurs would play Swansea after this So you would like them to go there without having their confidence damaged. I know we would play them in the coming weeks. But it would be a hard game for us anyway.

Arsenal and City are a big teams who would play for pride even if their confidence were damaged. So atleast we need Leicester to continue their form and fly high. I would like them to win the league also. They worked really hard and deserve it. To win the league in these circumstances is really something. Sadly, their turning point was from a team that we all know. If we stayed up I would really forgive them lol.

People keep saying that Leicester were the turning point.

The turning point was when TS decided that the quickest way out with maximum compensation was to make a b-line for bottom of the league.

I pretty sure that this was about a day after the September transfer window when he realised.

"oh ****, No goalscorer, I've bought the wrong B'burn player, RL doesn't know his a**e from his head, TF is Arsenal, so is HA and even I cant BS my way out of this"

Picks up phone, calls  'ary "slaaaaaaaags awl of em"

• Like 1

I said at the beginning of January that a decent striker would probably keep us up. That not happening has meant that Lerner has effectively done himself out of a fair few million quid. He gave up on this season too soon.

The latest wrong decision in the line of pretty much every single one since he bought the club.

• Like 1

We're finished. The devastating blows to both confidence and goal difference have combined to give us a 0% chance of survival. 

The players clearly never believed it. You could see that today. I haven't seen less effort in a Premier League game since - well, since Newcastle played yesterday. But we're even worse somehow. 

Forget locking it, might as leave it open for next season. Fully expect Lerner to have nothing but cost cutting and surviving on the cheap in mind yet again, nothing but a downward spiral until that complete and utter word removed gets as far away from this club as possible.

Edited by penguin

Â